Lowering Springs, Speakers, Headlights, Steelies Advice

Hi,

Looking to get some advice please on these few points as I'm away from home and car until summer and just want to plan out a few mods in advance.

Going to paint my headlight inserts in the summer but when painting headlight inserts, people seem to be painting the area around the sidelight black on the second facelifts, is this not a reflector for the sidelight? Surely the area around the sidelight should be left untouched, just like the area around the headlight bulb is left untouched.

Secondly, in regards to 35mm lowering springs, I fitted the rears so that the tightly wound coils are sitting at the bottom. Seen many other people saying that the tightly wound coils are usually at the top. Does it really make a difference which way the springs are fitted? Could this be what's causing the rear of the car to look slightly higher than the front - or is that just because the front is heavier than the rear?

Thirdly, is it true that if I remove the orange indicator covers (detango) the headlights, then I'll need to buy orange indicator bulbs?

Would the following be an okay way to connect speakers? - Just cut the brown plug off and crimp wires onto connectors and plug into speakers? OR
The speakers will come with wires that plug into them, can I just twist these wires onto my existing and put heat shrink wrap over to protect, or will this method not be corrosive resistant enough?

Lastly, people got any recommendations for which paint to use for steelies, as I want to get a silver lip on them. Hammerite silver spray paint comes to mind, any other ideas?

Understand it's a lot of questions but any help is much appreciated!

Hi,

Looking to get some advice please on these few points as I'm away from home and car until summer and just want to plan out a few mods in advance.

Going to paint my headlight inserts in the summer but when painting headlight inserts, people seem to be painting the area around the sidelight black on the second facelifts, is this not a reflector for the sidelight? Surely the area around the sidelight should be left untouched, just like the area around the headlight bulb is left untouched.

Secondly, in regards to 35mm lowering springs, I fitted the rears so that the tightly wound coils are sitting at the bottom. Seen many other people saying that the tightly wound coils are usually at the top. Does it really make a difference which way the springs are fitted? Could this be what's causing the rear of the car to look slightly higher than the front - or is that just because the front is heavier than the rear?

Thirdly, is it true that if I remove the orange indicator covers (detango) the headlights, then I'll need to buy orange indicator bulbs?

Would the following be an okay way to connect speakers? - Just cut the brown plug off and crimp wires onto connectors and plug into speakers? OR
The speakers will come with wires that plug into them, can I just twist these wires onto my existing and put heat shrink wrap over to protect, or will this method not be corrosive resistant enough?

Lastly, people got any recommendations for which paint to use for steelies, as I want to get a silver lip on them. Hammerite silver spray paint comes to mind, any other ideas?

Understand it's a lot of questions but any help is much appreciated!

Sidelights are only 5 Watts, so they do nothing powerful enough to reflect anyway. Personally I think I looks better leaving them untouched though

The flat end of the spring goes to the top, open end on the bottom. The springs are designed for the different weight front to back so there shouldn't be a difference

Yes you'll need orange bulbs if you take away the lens, the orange has to come out of somewhere

Fit some sort of connectors onto the speakers, even spade connectors are better than nothing. Don't ever twist and tape

Painting is all about the prep, for something like steel wheels a 4 euro can of paint will come out better with the right prep than a 10 euro can that's badly prepped.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Sidelights are only 5 Watts, so they do nothing powerful enough to reflect anyway. Personally I think I looks better leaving them untouched though

The flat end of the spring goes to the top, open end on the bottom. The springs are designed for the different weight front to back so there shouldn't be a difference

Yes you'll need orange bulbs if you take away the lens, the orange has to come out of somewhere

Fit some sort of connectors onto the speakers, even spade connectors are better than nothing. Don't ever twist and tape

Painting is all about the prep, for something like steel wheels a 4 euro can of paint will come out better with the right prep than a 10 euro can that's badly prepped.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Appreciate the help Liam. By 'flat end', I assume you mean the end with the coils tightly wound right? So I have put them the wrong way then... Could this explain the change in ride height front to rear though? (car still handles like a dream though compared to what I was used to lol). Will follow your advice for the rest, thanks!

I ran new wires for my speakers just for piece of mind given that they're worth more than the car (and wire is cheap) but definitely go with Liam's advice on connectors. If you put an amp in remember the inline fuse!

I ran new wires for my speakers just for piece of mind given that they're worth more than the car (and wire is cheap) but definitely go with Liam's advice on connectors. If you put an amp in remember the inline fuse!

Not planning on getting an amp, but yes I'll stick with the advice.

Back