Power problem

Ive got a problem where the engine will not rev, its is flat and will not pull. It starts first time everytime no problem, just when i put my foot down its dead..
Any ideas? Thanks (Y)

yes sorry, not sure year of engine, its a prefaclift though. its 998cc (no mods, just a K&N) and it will rev in neutral, just under load, it wont rev.
thanks.

yes sorry, not sure year of engine, its a prefaclift though. its 998cc (no mods, just a K&N) and it will rev in neutral, just under load, it wont rev.
thanks.

hmm, my misses,s went through a phase of going really gutless at times years ago, it cleared itself after a few weeks tho and i never found the cause :doh:
you could try it with the t/p/s and/or the maf disconnected to see if the symptoms change at all or maybe a collapsed silencer or lack of compression ?

Thanks Frank :)
Im going to check compression next, ive checked the plug gaps etc, all fine.
Im having a blonde moment, what does t/p/s & maf stand for ? :S

Thanks Frank :)
Im going to check compression next, ive checked the plug gaps etc, all fine.
Im having a blonde moment, what does t/p/s & maf stand for ? :S

its the 2 connectors on the driverside of the throttlebody mattjo :grinning:

Ive sorted the above problem now i have a spare TB so i put that on, but now im getting a flat spot around 3000rpm once its cleared the flat spot it continues to rev no probs. Any ideas what it maybe? Could it be something obvious like the airfilter?

mine does it aswel, 3rd gear going past 3k has a slight stutter, its like it opens up and chokes itself lol i have a different filter aswel

Back