Car Problem

M

m1ck97

Hey everyone, sorry ive not been online recently, but ive no internet atm. Am just typing this from a mates PC.

Anyway today I drove to work, and half way to work my car started losing power. Just like when you run out of fuel, except no flashing dashboard lights. I put my foot down to cruise but the car was slowing down (faster than it would be without gas) Just as if I had run out of petrol. However I put it into 3rd gear and put my foot down and it went like normal. It carried on like this all the way to work (losing power in lower gears). But on my return journey home it was fine.

I have noticed that the car seems to be drinking more fuel than it used to. So am wondering if it could be the auto choke?? Maybe the themometer not working properly or something! Is this a possibility? or anyone else got any more suggestions on the cause! I've also noticed sometimes I need quite abit of gas to get it started, when the engine is cold. Seems to be alot more than I used to need! Is this all related?

If this is the autochoke, how can I check to see if it really is the problem and how much would it cost to fix?

Cheers

A common problem with Micras. Might be worth trying to resolder it. Check out Ciscos micra files. If this don't work, look on ebay for a new throttle body. Does deff sound like a throttle body problem though!

ok cheers, no problems today, although it does seem slightly less responsive on the accelerator.

Any ideas on the cost of it to fix?

Have a look at this link from Ciscos.

http://www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/cg13de-throttle-body-resoldering-guide.pdf

I have seen throttle bodies on ebay averaging around £100. It may not be 100% throttle body, but IMO this sounds like the most likely cause, my car does the same, randomly cuts out, have to start with a few revs, quite a pain really.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Micra-...641395730QQcategoryZ10402QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

^^Reconditioned Body^^ £45 + £25 + £10 postage

The £25 is refundable if you send them your old throttle body back.

Is def the throttle body, mine went when i first got the car, my dad resouldered it and it lasted for like 3 months, so we just decided to buy a new one cost about 68 quid if i remember correctly, there are 100's of posts on here bout throttle bodys though so have a search..

ok cheers, i guess i'll have to try one of them, seems to have all the symtoms i have.

i resoldered mine over a year ago and its lasted, in theory it lasted 11years before it went funny, resoldered it should last another 11 years..... but i doubt my car will last another 11 years

Back