possiable new car.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
as title says, iam thinking of a new car...its vw!

thought of getting a mk4 polo. its bluey purple. buts its only a 1.0 i think (not had a proper look at it yet) needs some tlc i.e new tyres, mot and a need polish. only wants £200.

as much as i love my micra insurance isnt going to be cheap, and my dad is always on my case about modifiy it..if i get this polo its gonna stay standard.

my plan is run the polo for a year then insure the micra....

altough i could run the polo and sell the micra, then fit my lowered suspension (i have in my shed for a polo)and my brock alloys off my micra on to it?

i dunno witch is best, vw or nissan? both reliable, but i really dont want to sell the micra but i fear iam gonna fall in love with the polo!

also what does everyone reckon to the mk4 polo? i know all about the mk3's i.e g40's etc and i know there awsome. but iirc the best spec mk4 was the the gti?

help? lol

ta
dan

My friend did the same thing. He has an insanely modified mini, but it goes through petrol like nothing, and it costs him a lot to insure.

So he bought a metro for the commute to work every day, and keeps the mini for track days and dicking around in.

But he already wants to slam the metro and spruce it up a bit :p

Why do you care about not liking the Micra anymore? They're not exactly amazing cars (i'm gonna die now?) and in all honesty, even if it is your first car, you'll have lots more that are way better.

Im fond of the mk4 polo they are decent cars provided you dont buy a pig (and not too old), id only get the 1.6 gti though hehe otherwise stick to the k11 :)

Dan keep the micra no matter what car you have as a 1st one insurance companies are going to take all your money lol. Bare the brunt of it and don't do to much to it until you have a little bit of a no claims bonus.

So first you had a modified micra, then you put it to standard so you could insure it, then you modified it again and now you can't insure it so your just going to buy another car! You need to make your mind up mate!

So first you had a modified micra, then you put it to standard so you could insure it, then you modified it again and now you can't insure it so your just going to buy another car! You need to make your mind up mate!

yearh i can insure the micra, but not legally. i got a quote at £1000 for the micra. but thats stnadrard and with a 1.0. before i brought it it had an engine swap from a 1.0>1.3 so that has to be declared and that cost more onits own that a 1.3 k11 that hasnt had an engine swap! then ive got the mods on top of it... witch makes it impossiable for me to insure as my first car.

my original plan was to buy a mk3 polo before i got the micra, but ive always wanted a k11 aswell...and when it came along it was too cheap to miss....

the polo has came up cheap so why not buy that? keep it standard and keep the micra to play with for anbother year?

decent cars, deadfully slow though. Watch out for throttle body problems with them.

as for the GTi that was talked about. They have chocolate gearboxes! Bearing's going in low milage cars, I wouldn't touch one.

i still get to go to jap shows tho...just go in my mums k11 lol...as for the dub scene theres more people willing to help and stuff, plus theres more cars, parts are cheap at shows...and theres more rero cars like camps and mk1's :p

dan, you gimp!
when i suggested a polo, you seemed totally against them! lol
if i were you, stick to k11's, i think better first car.
i love the dub scene, and have got a 1955 beetle
i wanna get a daily drive, but just gonna wait till my ncb comes down, n get a mk4 golf
u know u'll mod whatever youve got!

Back