Which car next?

Mot is soon on the micra so once its passed, it will be going up for sale. Love it to bits but i want something newer now.

Cars ive been thinking about are:

Almera 1.4
Rover 214 1996 onwards
Toyota starlet sportif
Micra facelift 1.3
Vw polo MK4 1.4
renault clio 1998-2001

So what are peoples opinions on those cars? I know most cars on there are 1.4 and wont be overly pokey but im thinking about insurance costs and running costs

Almera 1.4
Rover 214 1996 onwards
Toyota starlet sportif
Micra facelift 1.3
Vw polo MK4 1.4
renault clio 1998-2001

the rover and clio will die b4 its next MOT, polo is a nice, little solid hatch. starlet is rare and almera doesnt look too good. micra wise, i guess you would want to sell your micra for something different so..........for me polo it is!

(sry for upsetting those almera fans)

the micra and the starlet will be the best choice, followed by the polo.

the almera will be nice and comfy but not very fast.

rover and clio, consider them if nothing comes up.

the clio 98-01 is the only one i can't advise on as i've been on one lol

you dont want to base your decision on a website's review as it was made up by a couple of people or maybe a few more. you wanna look at proper surveys done by motorists who has been there, done that and bought a T-shirt.

Clio along with many other french cars just arent up to scratch, they make attractive cars i give them that, they're very creative and innovative but they forget that cars should be able to last for longer than 2-3 years!

by looking at your post, it seems like you've made up your mind on the clio!

tse_adam said:
by looking at your post, it seems like you've made up your mind on the clio!

Not at all mate. Id much prefer the rover, 105bhp 1.4. cant be all to bad. id have another micra but i have been there, done that and want to try something different. Polos are great cars and i wouldnt mind one..... in black tho

Back