poss alternator problem

hi there, i bought my new micra a few days ago, 1.0L on a n plate, was told the alternator was siezed, so i bought a second hand alternator, but it was for a 98 micra so i had to cut the clip on my loom to be able to fit to the replacment, but it dont seem to be charging the battery, does any1 know a way of gettin around this problem as i'm very stuck!

best bet is if the battery has dropped below 80% charge its the battery not taking the charge and holding it

as two alternators cant change it as they are the same throughout the range me thinks

With the engine running put a multimeter across the battery terminals. If you have approx. 14.4v then the alternator is charging. That would indicate a battery fault. If you arent seeing 14.4v then its an alternator / connection problem

with the engine running put a multimeter across the battery terminals. If you have approx. 14.4v then the alternator is charging. That would indicate a battery fault. If you arent seeing 14.4v then its an alternator / connection problem

x2

i got this problem so i might pop down to my cousin's garage today. i want to know what can i do with multimeter on my battery? can anyone tell me asap before i go there. cheers jk

so i just read from above. all i need is to test with multimedia on these battery terminals yea? i dont know about these results of volts so please can someone advice me asap. cheers jk

I went there today. He test on no start and engine running.

He test it so It said '13.53v' so he told me that I need to change new battery.

The receipt said.....

Test-Result
Voltage: 13.53v
Start Capacity: 46%
Battery Unserviceable
370a IEC >0•c

What do you reckon guys?

Hello jk. I do not have one in this micra....it came with a new battery fitted, so , can't help there I'm afaid. Check on amazon or local battery/tyre shop they'll know.:)

ok no problem. thanks for telling. i can get discounts from my uncle so he said that he will get bosch battery for me soon. cheers jk

Back