Polyurethane Bushes!

alchemyst

Ex. Club Member
I am thinking of having some poly bushes made for the k11 micra eg engine mounts etc, i know most of the companies that make them have a minimum order quantity and was just wandering if anybody would be interested in some as i dont want to have 100 sets of bushes on my hands.
alternatively if you know of someone that already makes sells them i would be interested in there contact details.
( sorry if this is in the wrong place? plus not a trade ad more a posible group buy situation!)
cheers martyn

the squeaking, depends if you grease them up properly or not...the engine mounts youve included in that link are stiffer nismo rubber versions, ive got them fitted to mine and although the car hasnt really been tested they feel like they'll stay that way for quite awhile.

you could try checking with the poly manufacturers/suppliers as there may already be bushes that will match the mounts, as i wouldnt be suprised if nissan reused the same design in some of the other cars.

i have found someone to manufacture some poly engine mounts right and left hand sides in the U.S. for a reasonable price and have sourced a bush that will with a slight mod fit the rear mount.
i will probably have some of these mounts for sale later in the year probably in the region of £20 a side but i will post again when ive got them!

the left and right are the same bushes
i know that the nismo wishbone bushes are poly and so is all the whiteline kit eg.. caster, ARB

also, if you're putting a 2.0 in it, won't you need new bushes for the new mounts anyway? So are you getting them made for the 2.0 that's going in? If not, aren't you best holding out till then?

Easy tiger, hes just trying to help you.

Before you go to huge lengths to source polyurethane bushes, can you tell me the advantage over rubber?

stiffer dont perish and tear like standard rubber etc etc.
helping he may be but does he not think that if ive spent the last 7 months trying to find a suplier that does or will make the bushes for me that i would allready know that fact.

also, if you're putting a 2.0 in it, won't you need new bushes for the new mounts anyway? So are you getting them made for the 2.0 that's going in? If not, aren't you best holding out till then?

aah theres an old saying that has an acronim K.I.S.S and i am doing with my conversion which is one of the reasons im getting stronger stiffer bushes made!

if you were to use the 2.0 mounts they are easily available in poly for £40 the set. but alass i am not plus i figured that there might be some interest in the polybushes from the rest of you running the 1.0/1.3/1.6 units?

I have a few Poly front and rear engine mounts made by NME. They used these as well as the Nismo engine mounts on there group A Micra's

Give me a ring if you are interested

01865 748000 Matthew
They should be listed on the web site
www.humphrisoxford.co.uk

your better off calling matthew
his a very helpful guy knows his stuff
and also has a lot of micra parts :grinning: :grinning:

Back