Help needed please

Hi guys, not been on for ages but have been reading alot of your posts. I really need some help.
Got the k11 1.0 and upgrading to k11 1.3 auto. It needs a n/s drive shaft. Can someone tell me how to tell the difference because the shop have sent 2, n/s & o/s because they think they've been mixed up in the boxes. One box is short, the other long. I havent got the original as car is else where.
Sorry for silly request but any help appreciated. Cheers

Hi guys, not been on for ages but have been reading alot of your posts. I really need some help.
Got the k11 1.0 and upgrading to k11 1.3 auto. It needs a n/s drive shaft. Can someone tell me how to tell the difference because the shop have sent 2, n/s & o/s because they think they've been mixed up in the boxes. One box is short, the other long. I havent got the original as car is else where.
I would think the short one is the drivers side, and the other for the near side.....that would make sense to me.

I'd probably say it's the other way round from @davyboy ... Assuming RHD, roughly speaking the engine is on o/s and the gearbox (with the differential, from which the shafts start) is on n/s. So the diff is closer to the n/s, making the n/s the shorter shaft. Does that make sense?

I'd probably say it's the other way round from @davyboy ... Assuming RHD, roughly speaking the engine is on o/s and the gearbox (with the differential, from which the shafts start) is on n/s. So the diff is closer to the n/s, making the n/s the shorter shaft. Does that make sense?
Yes Mike it does, think you're right on that with the gearbox and all :)

Back