Plastic pipes in Rear quarters

Micra 110

Site Supporter
There are 2 pipes situated on both sides of the car...mirror image in fact.
I can understand it if there was one pipe for the rear Wiper washer bottle but two?

Why is this?

may i advise to shift them :) if they are the same length in comparision to the car (like the k11) there should be more than enough hose, to get them out of the sills and draining out under the rear bumper...will protect your sills in the long run.

may i advise to shift them :) if they are the same length in comparision to the car (like the k11) there should be more than enough hose, to get them out of the sills and draining out under the rear bumper...will protect your sills in the long run.

Really?! I might move mine in the SR then...

Drill a hole in your sill. There isn't one at the rear of each side which is probably why the rear rots first!

Really?! I might move mine in the SR then...

yup i moved mine, theres somthing like 7cm's that hangs out under the read bumper...so imagine the money nissan could have saved if they took the rear hoses out that way in the first place.. :eek:

i dont understand the "why bother" comment you made Swiper...while i agree they will still go eventually...you'll find sunroofed cars go quicker, plus it depends whats happened to your car during its life, as to how bad yours are.

id also make sure the drain holes are clear and wax/rust prevent the insides.

So if i do remove the pipes, what happens to the water? To be honest i thought they would've put them inside the Drivers door pillar with the Pipe coming out at the bottom of the sill....

...the Water comes out the side of the body is that correct?

Photo shows just how much the pipe goes into the orifice

P1010001.jpg

might just get some more pipe and add it onto the end and maybe feed it somewhere else...i don't think i'll remove the pipes.

Back