• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Photo's of Members K11's

I'd willingly come to yours, and assist where i could.

I live just outside stratford upon avon, West Midlands.

what you want doing cant be done in a day. not by me anyway as i dont have a drying booth things have to dry naturally.so your looking at least 2 days work................where you going to stay

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

Pretty standard to be honest

Sound system going to be installed soon though.

(mates saxo btw)

Just a wee update from the last time i posted a few pictures up, couldn't get it proplerly cleaned with the way the weather is over in ireland atm so it had to do, let me know what you think and what to head for next, thx

seen you the other day pricey you should have stopped still yet to get talking to you, that megane splitter is there but its in bad shape altho its your's if you still want it.

Just what i started off with lol

nex - never thought of that before would u just go from the top of each bumper and miss part of the arch or do the curved part of the arch and just level it off with the height of the bumpers thx,

ems - not to sure how much its lowered altho they started off 35mm springs, seems coilovers don't take the back down that much so didn't want to waste the money on them, they are 15" rims just with 45 profile tyres apprently u can't get lower on 15's lol

i didn't think it was possible to buy anything other than 35mil drop springs, but you have nothing to worry about mine are missing a few coils with uprated and shortened kyb gas shocks to make up for it, scary how well it handles haha.

nex - never thought of that before would u just go from the top of each bumper and miss part of the arch or do the curved part of the arch and just level it off with the height of the bumpers thx,

ems - not to sure how much its lowered altho they started off 35mm springs, seems coilovers don't take the back down that much so didn't want to waste the money on them, they are 15" rims just with 45 profile tyres apprently u can't get lower on 15's lol

i'd go straight myself, but you could fit black golf arches :D i think nissan did some black arches for the micra too but i think they were for the face lift, either way i probably have both types in my shed lol

EDIT:

changed my mind, go straight across, did a photochop it looks mint :D

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 683
Rocking_Rota that is a lush micra u have!!!!!

like the alloys!!! and that is VERY LOW!!

well done on the mods!!!!

napster

Nex - Thanks for the photochop it certainly looks different and can just be done with vinyl which would be handy, been wanting golf arches awhile now along with the super s spoiler but have never got round to it,

djlee - i added you to msn there but just incase it never worked add me on micra_dave at hotmail.co.uk and everyone too would be nice to get talking to you's,

Thanks guys that means alot coming from who know's best, i'll have to get the inside cleaned up to show you's altho there ain't much to show ha ha.

Tis a very nice Micra, Rocking_Rota :grinning: Loving the alloys something cronic!

My Little Baby :)
91a68f3d.jpg

e050bcd8.jpg

I'm thinking clear indicators might sort her out a little....

That's rather low Rocking....!

However, did you say they 'were' 35mm drop springs? so they've been chopped down quite a bit? I'm not sure that's something that I would want to do, but if it works.....it works.

i took two "coils" off my springs last night, (eiback 35mm) and they dont look any lower, and were just as hard to put back in...lol

cheers micra fish, all our cars started off just like yours so get dug into it so we can see what your up to,

all springs are made differently so not sure how many you will have to take off, i didn't go past 2 coils till i had my gas shocks because i didn't think my old shocks would have been up to it, just be careful because you can't put them back on if you go too far lol

yeah true. i chopped two off then put em back in, and the full stroke of the bilstein shocks when bolted in still compresses the springs. so if i keep taking off half a coil at a time untill the no longer compress the springs they should be as low as they can be...

cool..

Very nice Super S!

Mine has now been cleaned and coming along nicely, got some new bits and pieces to go on soon :)

rocky_reborn.jpg

Edit: Is it actually safe to chop springs? I always thought it was dangerous...

it is perfectly safe to chop springs, as long as the spring rate is correct, (ie stiff) and the stroke of the shock doesnt allow the spring to jump out of its mountings, also as long as they are chopped the same each side...

asked my dad (works as a vehicle examiner for VOSA) and he said its fine as long as they dont cause anything to be loose or have any adverse effects on the handling of the car...

i wont cut the fronts cos theyre low enough.... just the rears..

heres my car as it sat last night, and im running round like a blue assed fly trying to get it done today for jae... GRRR

Attachments

• IMG_2186.jpg
    IMG_2186.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_2187.jpg
    IMG_2187.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_2188.jpg
    IMG_2188.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_2189.jpg
    IMG_2189.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_2190.jpg
    IMG_2190.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 492
Antony ur micra looks mint!!! front looks very nice with open super s bumper and the nismo stripe!!!
cheers for getting the pics up lol :blush:

not yet, im just leaving them untill i can afford the ecu re-map, head gasket set, oil change, water change and timing chain.....lol

thanks guys, trust me though, after some of the stuff thats been going on with my car, the bodywork is lookign a little ropey... although the idea is there, and the engine bay is mint...lol

Back