Painting

L

lewis

I'm wanting to paint the shiny metalic looking grill on the front of the facelift.

The question is, how do you paint it? What sort of preping will it need? Sand down as usual....?

Any help would be grateful, imo the silver shiny grill is awful and it needs a respray!

Thanks guys :)

16-Untitled-1.jpg

As paddy said, you might need to laquer it though, depends on the paint. If your buying from Halfrauds then check the wee book there, it will tell you if you need laquer or not. Only other thing is take your time and dont rush it.

Okay guys, started working on it.....its not in the car at the moment, are there any problems with running about without the part in the car?

Cheers!

for the best and CHEAPER paint forget halfrauds, get your paint code from under the bonnet and go to your local nissan dealer. The colour match will be better and comes with laquer if metallic.My brother Silver_si got his from there to do his wifes front grills. first he removed the cut out the middle bar then meshed them then painted them and did the same with his.photos of his grills before paint can be found in a thread you started titled "Mesh Grill"

p11sr20 said:
for the best and CHEAPER paint forget halfrauds, get your paint code from under the bonnet and go to your local nissan dealer. The colour match will be better and comes with laquer if metallic.My brother Silver_si got his from there to do his wifes front grills. first he removed the cut out the middle bar then meshed them then painted them and did the same with his.photos of his grills before paint can be found in a thread you started titled "Mesh Grill"

Very good advice. I would always recommend people who needs spary for a job like this to always go to Nissan. Not to expensive either surprisingly

Ended up doing a bit of this today......just done this first coat of primer.

I cut the middle piece out and fibreglassed it over :

8-DSC03335.JPG

Here is a pic after I sanded down one of the grill sections:

7-DSC03339.JPG

After one coat of primer:

27-DSC03340.JPG

Back