re-painting spoiler

k11_whore

Steve :)
hey all,went down my scrappy the other day just see what a could find and add on to my ma k11, and i found a boot spoiler of a micra gx but the colour of the spoiler is like a dark green with glitter bits mixed in and i was wondering what to do on re painting it as my k11 is a china blue, iv washed it so its all clean as had been sat a while in the scrappy, if anyone could help and where i can find the exact match china blue paint as one i got from halfords its totally different even though says china blue, or would it look paintin it white as my front grill nostrils are white and soon to be white on they grey bits on bottom of bumper, thanks k11_whore :)

do they sell it in halfords? and would i need to prime it after then paint? what colour would look best china blue or white as other parts are going to be white soon e.g alloys, grills,

yeah they'll sell sand paper at halfrauds but i would get it from your local paint shop it'll be cheaper

i would prime it then go with blue or black (if black then no priming needed) but it's your choice

Sealant and bolted to the tailgate I THINK. Not 100% sure though, but be careful not to break the spoiler when removing cause that glue is some sticky ####

yeah it is sealed and bolted, the way i got it off was a hassle but didnt break, unbolted from the boot if it is bolted, then i had a crowbar and used chisel end to prize the spoiler up a little bit and ran a stanley blade across the glue and came off really easy in the end, but if using it on your own car try get a rubberised end for your crowbar if dont want any scratches :)

there should be 2 black plugs which should pop out and there youl see 2 holes with the nuts i think the size was 3/10 socket needed not sure, but will definatly need something to prise the bolts out aswell as removing the sealant hope this helps

well the spoiler is now up for sale hasnt been sanded or painted still its dark green colour, i have found a different spoiler which i like more so no need for this one no more, send a pm if interested finding out the postage for it atm

I went to local scrap yard and saw the small spolier/lip. Took it to the counter and they wanted £42 for it.... Put it straight back

Can I ask do you have the bigger spolier than comes down the sides of the boot window?

ITR MARK? wrong thread? they wanted £42 for it :eek: i got my small lip spoiler for a tenner at scrappy, naa dude i only have the small lip one of a gx, but i got a wrap around one like ya see on the corsas that come down the sides off a friend so gettin rid of this lip spoiler now,

£150pound to paint a spoiler. your having a laugh mate. diy or find a propper place to do it. were you located? should pay no more than 50pound

micra rocker cover forsale on ebay- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....14306&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

£42 lol. i bought the bigger one for £20 blue one thats on my car, no respraying to do, got luckey eh? :p . It was a faff on to get off the other car! they are easy to break. 2 screws at the top and stickied on. I just siliconed it on from the top and used black doublesided stuff to stick it down. FTW.

There's a couple of dints in it so wana smooth it all out, and would prefer blank canvas as I got a crazy paint idea for it but I'll bear that in mind if I scratch the idea thanks :)

first scotch up the spoiler 2 grade available rough and slighly rough
second fill dings up
third take filler down to level then primer filler

I've been looking for one of the small spoilers for a few weeks with various scrappers without luck so far :down: They either don't have one or want too much for it. My k11 is China Blue too, I've already ordered and got the aerosol ready for it from paints4u.

I'm selling my one now tezz not gona be puttin it on if ya interested? How much was your paint from paints4u?
that'd be great, is it the small lip one? The paint was £11.99 for 400ml with £3.99 delivery so £15.98 all together (delivery might be a bit higher to N Ireland). I've not had a chance to use it yet though as the weathers been continual rain. Hopefully it's supposed to be better at the weekend so I'll try it out on a small job that needs doing first and see how it goes. Other members here have used them and said they were good.

Naa mate its not a small lip one far from it :p its in the buy and sell section, red bootlid spoiler, takin offers, and sweet cool I'm gona check it out :)

Back