one of a kind box

okay so i you been reading, the fuse filter box had blown, which had black, ornange and red going in it and out, on each side was a 1 amp fuse holder( i put 2 amp in) and a 7 amp the other side. so i cut both each side, and connected them up, tested them with the mutli meater, 12 v engine on, 14 volt engine on, but now the headunit dont rembear the settings, the only diffence is the black box has gone, so i headed down to maplins to find a replacment and there said it was a transformer, i asked what it was doing in the car and he didnt have a clue, so it did somthing to rembear the settings or make the battery wire or ornage wire as it is, my wirring can be confusing, some colours dont match, it plugges wont rembear.

im not totally sure but the orange wire is the ignition wire, as in the cd player turns on when you turn the igniton an turn of when you turn the ignition off! sounds like you might have a problem with the constant power wire (red)

can yu not hard wire it past this transformer?

yes the orange wire connects to the red wire, and the red wire connects to the battery, it all wired alright as it saved the setting and powered up with out the ign and i have hard wired, and still lose setting, everthing extaclly the same, extect the box is gone, and i get the right reading also from the wires, so the box did somthing magical.

yea, i checked with the multi meter, like i said, it saved before when the book was there, and i just removed, connected as it was, checked with mutli meter all the right readings, i think the box was a transformer or somthing,

:wasntme:

Attachments

• OptimusPrime.jpg
    OptimusPrime.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 174
Back