• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Olly's pimped out K11

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I picked up an L reg 1.0 LX on 18/01/09
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=27052

When I got her she was rolling on 14's with bald tyres, which I would have kept but I'd just bought 4 new tyres for my old K10. Now instead of 165/65/R14 she's on 165/65/R13

I'll be keeping my mods insurance friendly for a while, got a 3 point harness in there with an inertia reel on the top strap, got a new noisy tailpipe which doesn't increase power any. Also swapped over my tacho/ shift light

Pics to follow tommorow if I can work out my new camera

Update: I want some wheels like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-x-WELLER-ST...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:2|39:1|240:1318

Had some on a mini years ago, think they look great, they'll be gone by the time I get paid, anyone know where I can buy them on a more permanent basis?

Great Bargain there Olly, Those wheels on ebay look like a good deal, but they'll need sorting first I reckon. Get some pics up matey.

At the moment I'm doing little things, but now I have a CG engine I can go crazy and use a nissan cube turbo setup if I wanted to. The K11 has way more tuning options, however as previously said the Micra will be pretty standard til next year due to insurace costs

Got a mask on the way for the 3rd brake light so when I brake it lights up 'MICRA', just need to affix it to the window now lol. Also got some red LED's on the way for the dials.

Will get some pics up thursday

Yeah it is pricey for a bit of vinyl but nevermind, I also want to get oneof the pulse units so it flashes 5 times then stays on

Right finally some pictures:
Img00013.jpg

Img00012.jpg

Img00014.jpg

Very nice Olly, any chance you could get another pic of the straps from the passenger side? Looks like there coming off the rear seat belt.

My harness has an inertia reel so you can move about, it's going to the rear pillar so I have lost the seatbelt behind the drivers seat, I'll get a pic 2moz if poss

The seat behind the driver has been removed to make room for the inertia reel as I've now moved it down to the rear bench but the other 2 need to stay in place as I'm being treated like a taxi service atm. I'll strip it out next year when insurance is cheaper lol

where did you get the exhaust from
i want one for my k11 but dont want it to infect performance for insurance reasons like you

so could you lead me in the right direction

i actually think exhaust trims are cool if there done like properly..i.e welded like yours. iam having a 3" trim welded on my spare standard back box lol. just to make it look better without affecting insurance.

p.s is that your breaker bar down side of the drivers seat? i keep mine there loll

Yeah that's my breaker bar, if anyone tried to jack me they'll get a mouthful of chrome, I know it's not strictly legal but the only people that will get hurt will be breaking the law anyway. Plus I can't put it in my boot as it's full of subwoofer.

Been busy today:
Moved harness down
Img00012-1.jpg

Micra decal over brakelight
Img00014-1.jpg

CB radio installed
Img00013-1.jpg

Yes ladies and gentlemen it's pimping time again. Today I did my LED speedo and dixie horn, see if you can guess where the horn is...
Img00018.jpg

Img00019.jpg

It's useful for getting traffic info from the taxi companies, tune in and listen to where the jams are. You don't have to talk just stay off channel 18/19 or you upset the truckers that still use these things

I'd use it all the time if there were more CB'ers to chat to, makes the journey more fun. Also useful on cruises etc

Fast and Furious, Micra Style I like it. "There's a Homocide in Bracknell and the cops are all over it, Were Ready To Roll!" lol.

Fitted the new wishbone and got tracking sorted today. Have also had to buy 4 nissan 5 spoke alloys as the black alloys were.... unsuitable.

The studs were mildly out of allignment and the vibration caused 3 studs to shear off, would have been ok if I'd used wobble bolts to correct it

Yeah it sucks a bit, still I got 4 standard alloys for £60 so will just sell the black ones to someone with a renault

Installed some speakers in the parcel shelf today, also made a new backbox which is basically a bit of 44mm pipe clamped onto the back lol. It sounds standard until you get to 3000rpm then it purrs away nicely.

Also bought some springs for the front, they are 10.5 inch 200lbs and should drop/ stiffen up the front end nicely

The last pic is the exhaust (a piece of pipe lol) I won't be putting a reverse light on as it wouldn't work anyway, I'm going to buy a foglamp unit as soon as I get a job, I also have some reflectors on the way to go on the bumper.

wire up some fiat coupe lights in there, if they fit, then you will have reverse and fog................(any maybe tint them red)

Like this.............

Attachments

• rearm.jpg
    rearm.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 367
It's cheaper to just not bother lol, the reverse light switch doesn't work anyways it's only the fog I need to worry about

Back