• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Olly's pimped out K11

It's smooth and slightly rounded on top, however I have sliced my hand on the bottom bit so I'll have to get the dremel out today

i see my lights went to good use, they look really well on your car...

wouldnt have looked as good on mine :p

Yeah, they would have been body coloured but I couldn't get any paint in that code from halfords so just went bumper coloured instead.

Installed fog into bumper today, looks ok but the hole needs tidying up.
Img00036.jpg

Put her on a diet today, removed almost 20kg of crap that included the spare wheel, jack and spare set of lights. Also removed the padding off one of the rear seats

Good Man, You should have weighed them individually, I was thinking of starting a Thread called "The Micra Weight Loss Program" where people can add weights of items such as Aircon cooler, pipes, K11 Rear Seat whole, etc.

Well I still have most of the stuff, I had a set of alloy wheels that I scrapped today, weighed 25.5KG and got me £13, the price of scrap is really low atm

Vinyled my headlights today, the light output is still good considering almost 1/3 of the light is covered, just wish I had a better camera
Img00049.jpg

Unfortunately I left it too late for a daylight pic, I'll get one tommorow, I've basically covered the top part like this:
Img00032-1.jpg

I just went and re-wired my dim dip unit to make it clearer as I don't have sidelight bulbs in lol, anyhoo here's how it looks (not very straight, will do again when I'm in a better mood)
Img00051.jpg

I cut a hole to flush mount it in the bumper and had 2 problems. Firstly there wasn't enough space to get it completely flat and secondly I was a bit drunk when cutting the hole and it wasn't square the first time so I've straightened and filled it, I then ran out of filler so couldn't finish.
When it eventually does get done i'll colour code the bumpers lol

Olly, what you should do tonight is take a picture without the mega cruise light fuse in, then take another picture with them on.

Lol actually everything I've done to my car recently is purely for function, my headlights are terrible so needed a boost and the sunstip is cos I kept getting blinded by the sun through the gaps in the visors

Yeah I'll do that when I get home

I never thought they would work this well, the before pic was from inside the car but cos the after pic has such a large light coverage I had to get out the car cos the windscreen wasn't big enough!
DSC00191.jpg

DSC00194-1.jpg

Back