oil usage

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
well the cars still using iul by quite a rate, upon reflection the gearbox looked like it may have had burnt oil in it and oil was on the side of the block, so im thinking the main crack oil seal has gone. anyone had this problem? if indeed the is a crank seal behind the flywheel

Speedle said:
well the cars still using iul by quite a rate, upon reflection the gearbox looked like it may have had burnt oil in it and oil was on the side of the block, so im thinking the main crack oil seal has gone. anyone had this problem? if indeed the is a crank seal behind the flywheel

look underneath the engine were the gearbox meets the engine if you got oil dripping out between the gearbox and dust cover yes the rear crank seal gone also feel under the dizzy/thermostat housing is ive had oil leaking from there and runing around the gearbox to...

its quite a common think to go on them. Changing it is an arse though because you've gotta take your gearbox, clutch and flywheel off.

well upon investigation it seems the half circle rubber sum gasket has failed which is handy as i had spare one's in the garage from the engine change on my old k10 so when i have time ill get that changed over and fit a new sump :) as mines nice n rusty :p

Back