Oil in spark plug well CGA3

Hi, just looking for some advice please.

Just noticed there was a lot of oil in cyl 3 spark plug well which I have managed to drain out. The oil level was higher than the top of the spark plug.

(Upon removing the spark plug, I could see that the top of piston 3 was completely dry so the oil was definitely not coming from within the combustion chamber. I had also done a compression test recently which gave very decent results so I'm guessing this further rules out worn rings.) However, I am surprised that no oil managed to seep past the spark plug and into the chamber.

I remember checking the spark plugs around 3 weeks ago and there was absolutely no oil, so it has happened quite quickly.

Anyone know of the the common causes? My quick search is pointing towards bad spark plug seal? in which case it may be better to get another fresher lower mileage rocker cover? (as I can't seem to find anywhere who sell the spark plug seals 13276-4F10A, except someone on eBay from United Arab Emirates)

What I do know is that around 3 weeks ago, my mechanic replaced my leaky valve cover gasket, and I also asked him to check the spark plug seals and he said they were in good nick. Maybe while he was checking, he disturbed the one on cyl 3?

Thanks for any help :)

Last edited:
Probably just the valve cover rubber seal

Enviado do meu MI 8 através do Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply. Just to check, this thing here?

oil-seal-spark-plug-nissan-micra-k11-13276-4f10a-6027-p.jpg

Back