oil leak

hi

My girlfriends car started leaking engine oil out the bell housing. i assumed it was the rear crank seal / After removing the gearbox i found that the allaminum cassing seal is leaking below the crankseal! As i had the engine jacked up with a trolley jack i refited the gearbox and secured back into place . Is it possible to removed this casing with the gearbox in ? it looks like the air con pump, exhaust etc has to come off to remove it. I may have to make something to support the engine from above if the gearbox needs to come out . im going to do it on Monday after ive been to nissan for the propper sealant.

appreateate any help :grinning:

not sure bout k12 but on a k11 with the engine/gearbox still in, i just remove the downpipe & central beam (support back of gearbox) unbolt the pan and break loose the gasket seal with a scraper blade.

remove the 2 rubber oil pan seals, remove all signs of old gasket, wipe every mm surface absolutely dry with brake/carb cleaner, apply sealant to the rubber seals and push into engine block grooves, applying single bead of sealant along oil pan and carefully refit

thanks for the info . it looks like its just sealant on the k12 . also. looks like air con pump etc is also bolted to it . but ill know more when i go for the parts before i do it , glad the gearbox can stay in tho:grinning:

Back