Oil Overfill - likely cause problems or ok?

Afternoon all ... final snagging on our pre facelift K11.

Oil was changed about 6 months back. Have always used fully synthetic. But just checked and noticed it is over the Max bend by some and wandered if this could be a risk I'd be better to do something about.

One of the tribe changed it and filters early year but seems they have over filled.

No running issues, no smoke, no idle issues, is as always was but just thought I'd check just in case.

Cheers

Yeah I hoped you might say that StOrm91, and it has been working hard for half of that time. It's maybe a centimeter over the max bend.

Thanks for the advice

Yeah I hoped you might say that StOrm91, and it has been working hard for half of that time. It's maybe a centimeter over the max bend.

Thanks for the advice

If its something thats nagging at you it'd only take 3/4 minutes to drain a tiny bit of oil but at this rate its probably due for a change anyway if its been worked hard.

Has done maybe 5-7k and looks good and clean in fact. But yes take your point, drain a little could be best. And yes you right, if its a thought then I should be doing rather than take any unnecessary chance for 5 mins of spanner time. Thanks for the advice

remove the oilfilter, let it drain and screw it back in.
should be enough to lower the oil-level.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Smart idea, like that one .... is exactly what I'll do. Thanks for the suggestion .... weird isn't it, never gave that a thought. Is the good thing about this forum, it helps you look at the problem a different way and then life seems simple.

Cheers

Back