Oil Change

I will need an oil change soon, my nephew say that he mate put deisel oil in he M-3 ,deisel oil has more detergent in it so it cleans better, also best not to use any engineflush it will eat away at the rubber seals of the engine.
just add some cheap oil run for a week then drain it a lot better then the engineflushfwn

10W40 semi synthetic for petrol cars is the oil to use. Use a genuine Nissan oil filter.

Engine flush can dislodge lumps and block the oilways.
Pouring a litre of clean oil in the filler with the sump plug still out will get rid of most of the remaining old oil.

If you want to clean it up, change the oil and filter again after a few hundred miles.

Diesel specific oil generally has higher detergency than general purpose or petrol specific oil. It will do no harm at all to use diesel specific 10W-40 semi synthetic in the micra petrol engine.

Engine flush will not eat away the rubber seals of the engine, all engines have rubber seals. If a flush manufacturer's product was disolving oil seals, they'd find themselves in the dock in short order. Personally, I wouldn't use it as I think the benefits are negligeable.

I'd go for something like Unipart's 10W-40 Semi synthetic oil (its made by Fuchs) and change it every 5-6000 miles.

Diesel specific oil generally has higher detergency than general purpose or petrol specific oil. It will do no harm at all to use diesel specific 10W-40 semi synthetic in the micra petrol engine.

Engine flush will not eat away the rubber seals of the engine, all engines have rubber seals. If a flush manufacturer's product was disolving oil seals, they'd find themselves in the dock in short order. Personally, I wouldn't use it as I think the benefits are negligeable.

I'd go for something like Unipart's 10W-40 Semi synthetic oil (its made by Fuchs) and change it every 5-6000 miles.

what about castrol edge

what about castrol edge 0-5w

You could definitely use Edge, don't know if I'd pay the price they ask for it though. With most of the name brands we are used to hearing about, you are paying for nothing more than the name, their sponsorships and their advertising costs. The oil in the carton is very often not as good as a cheaper alternative. Mobil 1 is probably the best example of this, a decidedly average product thats hyped up to be some sort of super lubricant.

This makes interesting reading: http://www.animegame.com/cars/Oil Tests.pdf

I personally use Fuchs oils as I know whats in them and I know how well they work. We use them in our "work vehicles" ;) and if it does a good job in those sort of conditions, it'll do well in anything. Unipart's own brand semi-synthetic oil is the same as Fuchs Titan, their fully synth oil is Fuchs Supersyn. I pay about £14 for 5 litres.

You could definitely use Edge, don't know if I'd pay the price they ask for it though. With most of the name brands we are used to hearing about, you are paying for nothing more than the name, their sponsorships and their advertising costs. The oil in the carton is very often not as good as a cheaper alternative. Mobil 1 is probably the best example of this, a decidedly average product thats hyped up to be some sort of super lubricant.

This makes interesting reading: http://www.animegame.com/cars/Oil Tests.pdf

I personally use Fuchs oils as I know whats in them and I know how well they work. We use them in our "work vehicles" ;) and if it does a good job in those sort of conditions, it'll do well in anything. Unipart's own brand semi-synthetic oil is the same as Fuchs Titan, their fully synth oil is Fuchs Supersyn. I pay about £14 for 5 litres.
Thanks real eye opener "www.animegame.com/cars/Oil%20Tests.pdf[/url]"
where can i get fuchs oils never heard of them(Y)

"

Thanks real eye opener "www.animegame.com/cars/Oil Tests.pdf"
where can i get fuchs oils never heard of them(Y)

"

I wouldn't necessarily confine myself just to Fuchs products, Halfords 10W-40 semi synthetic would be fine for your needs. Valvoline oil is also excellent and widely available. AFAIK its Castrol who make oil for Halfrauds. Speak to the manager of your local store and ask him for a trade card as you do all of your own work on a few cars. If you get one, the above oil costs about £12 for 5 litres. They give them to the Armed Forces where I live so I was lucky enough to get one. Its amazing the difference it makes, I got £40 off the marked price on a battery and paid £6 for wiper blades marked up at £17.

Unipart sell Fuchs oil in their own packaging, they are all over the place so there's bound to be one near you, you can find your nearest one here: http://www.unipart.co.uk/Home/MarketSectors/UnipartAutomotive/tabid/69/language/en-GB/Default.aspx or you can buy from www.opieoils.co.uk

Given the choice, I'd go for the Halfords oil for your Micra, its more than good enough for what you need.

Back