Oil change question

Hi, new member here so sorry if this is in the wrong place, and HI!(Y)

Ive just bought a 52 plate k11 with 47000miles for a bargain price, the previous owners have mislaid the service history whist recently moving, a likley story i know but i gave them a very low offer expecting them to refuse it but they ummmd and arrd and accepted it. happy days!

Over all its very clean appart from having a knock on the front which will require a new door and wing, mabie a bumper unless i can fix it, its only cracked.

My main concern is how long its gone without and oil change. the last stanp in the book is at 27000, and having done the oil change today its obviosly loooong overdue. If, as evedence suggests, its gone for 20000 miles without a change, is the engine likley to be toast? They said it was last changed around a year ago, but ill take that with a pinch of salt fwn It sounds ok when running but i cant take it for a run yet as its off the road until the damage is fixed. Before the oil change it had a funny constant squeek once it was warmed up, but with the new oil its now gone.

Ive heared that these engines are very dependent on their oil changes, so if its gone for 20000 miles without one, have i dropped a clanger? Mind you, for what i paid for it, its all good.

#EDIT# Actualy, now that its been running a little longer the squeek is still there, only does it when its warm, on idle.

hi k11tzz :grinning: i,ve run mine past 20k between oilchanges (not advised tho lol) its the k12,s that had problems that nissan blagged owners about oilchanges

Mine only had about a litre of oil
In it when I got it fwn
Making funny noises

After removing the sump and cleaning the poo out ive filled it up and shes As quiet as a mouse!

Fill her up and then flush it

Re fill it with sone quality stuff (Y)

Thanks for the quick replys chaps!

When i changed the oil i flushed it with oilflush, warmed it up and emptied it. Its got cheapish oil in it atm, once its gone dark enough ill flush it again and put some decent stuff in. If the squeek doesnt go what could it be? it doesnt sound like the belts as far as i can tell, i just hope its not internal.
My mum bought one a year ago and i drove hers a few times and was realy impressed by it. I started looking for one about 6 months ago, but prices have generaly gone crazy, and they tend to sell very quickly. When my one turned up, a black 3 door with a carlos fandago kenwood headunit, i couldnt pass it up dispite the damage and questionable service history. I just hope it doesnt let me down.

Mines probably done like 60k odd miles or something stupid without oil change, just top ups and thats it really, the end results? Alot of black gunk, but CG10 seems to be fine.

It took a shade over 3.5 litres to fill mine up.

Ive got a theroy about the lack of oil changes in mine. due to the hard-ish to get at filter, i recon the previous owners changed the oil, but not the filter, because authough the oil was as black as the car, the thickness of the oil seemed right. My other car is an Austin Maxi, and one i had afew years ago hadnt had a change of oil for 20000+ miles, and it was best described as thick and frothy :suspect:

Now, another issue I have with the car is the mileage. The paperwork I have suggests the 47000 on the clock to be correct, the general paintwork is good, it drives ok, but the back support on the front seats is 'slack' with alot of loose play, the drivers seat side bolster is well out of shape and sort of collapsed, also both front doors have dropped on their hinges. Its all easily sortable, but does anything point towards it being clocked? Ill get some pics up tomorrow.

Do you not have any previous MOT certificates to verify the mileage? or any other paperwork of the car?

It could have just had a hard life before you got it

The only bits i have is the service book which has the last service stamp at 27255 miles on 10/03/05, and the last mot says 42854 last April. Previous owner used it whilst at uni, so im picturing many students climbing in and out the back of it, weakening the back of the seat, but I guess ill never know. Still, the hinges are a bit of a mystery as is the side bolster. Im going to whip the front end off tomorrow to start sorting the damage to the passenger door out so ill see what i end up with. Must start a blog lol.

Im sure the hinges is a fairly common problem and they just need lifting up and the bolts tightened

Back