• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

Oil change

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Right, car is due it's 87,500 mile P1 service in a couple of weeks but I can't afford to pay Nissan at the moment. Instead, I booked the day off and bought 5 litres of Mobil 1 as it was reduced to £39.99 at Halfrauds. This is the stuff:

mobil_1.png

Jacked the car up and supported it on axle stands. This is the rather rusty drain plug - will pick a new one up next time I pass a Nissan garage.

sump_plug.png

Got the plug out and a jet of pure black oiliness half filled my new Aldi washing up bowl.

oil_draining.png

Here's the old filter, bound to be too tight. My Nissan garage never knows when to stop when tightening them up...

old_filter.png

...so it's a good job I was armed with my new Halfrauds filter remover - an awesome bit of kit. In the past I've had to resort to hammering screwdrivers through filters and all sorts of other tricks to get them off.

filter_remover.png

Ready for the new filter

filter_off.png

Removed the oil filler cap and found enough soil around it to grow tomatoes! Got to get a Nismo one soon...

dirty_filler.png

Plugged it with a clean rag and attacked it with some bog roll - much better:).

cleaned_filler.png

Refitted the sump plug with a new copper crush washer (25 ft/lbs), screwed on the new filter, lowered the car to the ground, poured 3 litres of Mobil 1 into the engine, replaced the cap and ready to roll again (Y)!

OP
OP
Guy

Guy

Club Member
Just for reference, the sump plug's 14mm :).

OP
OP
Guy

Guy

Club Member
And the Nissan part number for the oil filter is: 15208-9F600 even though it says Almera on the box :).

OP
OP
Guy

Guy

Club Member
And the Nissan part number for the drain plug is 01125E6011 :).