Oh My God! :)!! Look at this insurance quote!

alexm

Club Member (Trial)
Well today i was having a look at a quote for me fully comp on my mothers 2.0 BMW. Bearing in mind i am 17. Well i was rather amazed to find that it was £2111, however the most expensive was just over £11,000!!!!

Then since i am sad and had nothing to do i thought i would have a look how much it would cost to be insured on a ....

.........Aston Martin DBS 6.0l V12!.. (phwaar!)

Have a guess guys how much it would cost 17yr old 0 years no claims, and been driving less than 2months! fully comp.. Well i no what you will all be thinking.. Un-insurable.. £20,000?

Well think again!!.....

ha.jpg

All i need now is to save for the car haha!!...

What i found more amazing is that some kids are paying £1500-£2000 for insurance fully comp on 1.2 clios! Ha.

lol there is a reason you don't make your first car and awesome one....

because EVERYBODY prangs their first car lol

ha yea good point but if you can afford the car you could afford the insurance and repairs ;). Some little rich kid will probally driving around in one of these grr! ha.

I believe its because of the wonderful world of insurance. ha! i think its cheap because they are expecting 1-10million kids to end up having one at 17. :). The insurance on a range rover would be more i bet.

lol there is a reason you don't make your first car and awesome one....

because EVERYBODY prangs their first car lol

lol not always ;) i know people who never crashed there first car...but sold it then crashed there second car though :D

i got a quote on my micra, fully comp for £5000! lol

I'm also 17
Male
1991 K10 1.0ltr 5dr Micra
fully comp £989
No additional drivers
This is with Direct line btw.... and was the cheapest i could find for my car, third party was actually more expensive for some strange reason.

I WILL SAY IT AGAIN FOR ANY YOUNG DRIVERS...READ THIS

Go onto www.elephant.co.uk

Go through the insurance quote as usual!!
Add no extra drivers!

Until the end!!

Add two OLDER Women drivers who havent had any claims etc onto the policy as "addtional drivers"

This can be you next door neighbour if you wish, i have my retired gran on mine!!!!!

IT CUT MY PRICE FROM £1800 TO £1000 FOR MY ALMERA GTI
IM 19
NO NO CLAIMS
HAVE A CLAIM IN JAN 09
DRIVING 2 YEARS
TPFT
£1000
2.0L GTI

IT DOES WORK!!

I WILL SAY IT AGAIN FOR ANY YOUNG DRIVERS...READ THIS

Go onto www.elephant.co.uk

Go through the insurance quote as usual!!
Add no extra drivers!

Until the end!!

Add two OLDER Women drivers who havent had any claims etc onto the policy as "addtional drivers"

This can be you next door neighbour if you wish, i have my retired gran on mine!!!!!

IT CUT MY PRICE FROM £1800 TO £1000 FOR MY ALMERA GTI
IM 19
NO NO CLAIMS
HAVE A CLAIM IN JAN 09
DRIVING 2 YEARS
TPFT
£1000
2.0L GTI

IT DOES WORK!!
I can vouch for this with Elephant! Did the same on my Primera, cut the price from £800 and something to £540 (with 1 year NCB and 1 accident) just by naming my mum and my mate's girlfriend!!

I spoke to another insurer about doing it though and they said it wouldn't be any cheaper as I was the "principal risk", which makes sense, but oh well, if Elephant are prepared to insure so cheap then so be it!

10 month bonus accelerator too so I get my next year's NCB in 10 months!

Back