Bolts falling off and other things :P

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Well, i was abit puzzled as too why my new front tyres were wearing very badley, just like the old set did when i messed up the camber and consequently gave it 15mm of toe in. Took car for alignment on monday, asked to go out and see all the figures and have a chat to the guy. Well we found it have 6mm of toe in, which was odd as it has had two alignments since fitting the tyres and was meant to be zeroed. I then proceded to show the guy where the camber bolts and adj castor bush was and to check their figures. As i pointed to the Drivers side castor bush, we discovered one of the bolts had almost fallen out.

Tighten your bolts peoples!

all is well now, and for the first time since i bought it, the car drives straight down the hwy, yay,
on another note heres a nice snap i took of the car whilst on a photo exhibition out to Gatton on sunday,

Alex

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi AlexB,

Your micra is looking good. I am glad the bolt didn't fall out while you were driving along, that would have been very dangerous.

I can recommend using "locktite" or similar product on these types of bolts... seems to work well with preventing things coming loose.

Back