Number Plate Fee

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
I took out a loan of £1200 for my car with the black horse, having made all the payments on time and just made the final payment the black horse have decided I owe them another £30 for changing my number plate over. Now correct me if I am wrong but me changing the plate has sod all to do with the loan. I got the loan through the dealer I bought the car from but I didn't go near them for my numberplates all payments were right to the DVLA.

Anyone got any clues as to why/how they can charge me an additional fee for my numberplate?

That to me is like getting £2000 through B&Q for a new bathroom and then being charged another £80 cos you bought some new towels.

Ask them the question! Its probably in your contract, which no body seems to read...
But i've never heard of that before!

No I didnt inform them because it was just a personal loan as far as we were aware what I did to the car had nothing to do with the loan amount.

quick explanation with the loan being through the dealer it was probably set up that they owned the car until you had payed the loan off therefore any changes that you make to the car you have to make them aware of and they can /will charge you for doing so that said they should really have informed you as they would have been notified by dvla in so i`d still fight it as you weren`t made aware

quick explanation with the loan being through the dealer it was probably set up that they owned the car until you had payed the loan off therefore any changes that you make to the car you have to make them aware of and they can /will charge you for doing so that said they should really have informed you as they would have been notified by dvla in so i`d still fight it as you weren`t made aware

I think what she is trying to say is, she just took out a loan, not linked to the car, just got the money then spent it on a car.

dont pay it, call them up and explain that you hgavent done anything with number plates and what the hell has it got to do with them anyway?

i dont trust blackhorse finance as far as i can throw them as i got a Kona Stinky DH bike on tick from them and sold it for more than i bought it for only to be told my finance package had been changed without my notice and i could no longer pay it off in full without penalties.

they are Gimps.

dont pay it, call them up and explain that you hgavent done anything with number plates and what the hell has it got to do with them anyway?

i dont trust blackhorse finance as far as i can throw them as i got a Kona Stinky DH bike on tick from them and sold it for more than i bought it for only to be told my finance package had been changed without my notice and i could no longer pay it off in full without penalties.

they are Gimps.

true they are scabs, my parents had debts and the told them to up the loans to pay off the overdraft each time... and when they couldnt affort the repayments they said dont worry pay it using the overdraft..silly of my parents to do so but they had no choice.

If the loan was secured against the car then the £30 sounds like an admin fee for them changing their records.

Good point, well the DVLA and the dealer i got the car from both said they know nothing about it so the direct debit has been cancelled as they haven't taken the money yet and they aren't getting it. Thanks for the replies :)

Back