tempory number plate light

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I'm hoping to get my smoothed boot fitted tonight as its now done.Trouble is i cant go over to the body shop will later tonight.I'll hopefully attach my new number plate onto the bumper but need a number plate light.

Dilema is,i cant pick up my rear number plate lights till later tonight aswell.How could i 'bodge' a light just for tonight?

Ok managed to collect my number plate lights.What i need to know is...

Theres 2 wires coming off each bulb off the existing plate lights 1 brown and 1 black. Can someone tell me which wire is earth and which wire is positive please.

Thanks

if there normal bulbs i don't think it matters which way you put the wires, but I'd put the black to earth and brown to positive

I've got some number plate bulbs that look like bolts so the bulbs are tiny.I'll see about finding a volt metre and test each wire.

try them on a 12v drill battery, not the best way to find out which wires which, but always worked for me

I've worked out which wire is which (brown=live black=earth).I've soldered extra wire to the bulbs.I've now gotta feed the loom through and out of the boot and through the interior.But to do that i need to drill a hole.

Tried re-wiring the lights back on so i can go out tonight but it aint working,as there doesnt seem to be a live :(

Back