Not a sport but need help fitting head unit plsssssssssss :)

Im new here so hello to everyone (Y) . Well ive got myself a lovely 1.0 1998 micra ally (not a sport but still my baby) the stereo is the original so ive bought myself a new sony, but................ the unit doesnt go in, in its cage it is mounted on two mount either side problem ive got is the screws from the original stereo dont fit the new one so does anyone have any idea where i can get them from? Thanks in advance :)

If you remove the original stereo with the 2 brackets you could screw them into the new stereo, most Sony's have holes ready for them.

If it doesn't, leave the brackets out and refit the trim to the dash. You should now be able to fit the new stereos cage to the trim and slide your new stereo in.

Thanks for that, the screws dont fit the sony stereo that i have bought and after spending all wkend looking for them we cannot find any to fit, if we slot the cage in after the facsia how will the stereo be ridgid??? will it move around? in our other car there is something for the stereo to sit on at the back? sorry for being a pain lol (first car and all that lol)

my one is there just with the cage and it doesn't move at all. you gotta slot the cage in and the bend the little metal bit to secure it. its hard to explain, but you will see what i mean

Screw the new headunit into the old cage. However, chances are the screw hole sizes differ like mine did. So I just used screws of whichever size was smallest (mine was the head unit), and then buy some washers to secure both items together.

Back