Head unit problems! HELP!

S

sosolidsaq

hi guys

i have a slight problem, i have a pioneer headunit that i used to have in my old car, i took it out before i sold it. now i brought a new car and am trying to fit it in, but i'm having problems.

heres what happened. i connected the headunit up as normal, and the speakers and everything worked fine. i then pushed the headunit back in to the cage so that it would lock into position. now when i switched the headunit on it powers but i get no sound what so ever. i checked all the cables and everything seems to be fine. i put my old headunit back in an it works fine.

i brought the headunit inside my house connected it up to some car speakers, powered it up and still the same, however when i put the sound to max the sound comes but its very distorted and very low, you can barely hear it.

any ideas what could be wrong? oh btw the headunit is a pioneer one.

any help would be great. i really dont wanna take my headunit down to an electrician as they will rip me off, but if it comes down to it i may have to.

saq

The connection that plugs into the headunit r the headunit connection socket cud b off, the pins might not b touching the connectors, look into the socket and connector and make sure the pins are straight. Theres nuttin wrong wit da car if da old one works and it must b the headunit if its doin the same inside...

yeah i thought that the pins maybe damaged on the headunit but all seems to be cool. looks straight and makes good contact. i opened the headunit and its fine from inside, eg no burns, no smells. could it be that the amp in the headunit is busted?

hmm, u sed it was distorted and low so it cud b the internal amp if its not the connections! If u dont hav it dat long bring it back to wher u got it and just say u want a replacement, shudnt b a big prob, just dont say dat it did work, say it hasnt worked and u dont know whats wrong wit it (play dumb) coz they cud say dat coz it was workin, and u pushed it in, u broke it and their not liable. If they ask did u fit it properly, say u got a mate to do it, he works fitting alarms, stereos and other electronics and he dun it as a favour, dont mention a company name just incase they ring them!

Back