Head Unit help

mickey&me

Site Supporter
Hi

Newbie here lol

Anyway I really need help with my recently purchased a beautiful black K11 Micra Super S 1994, I have also got a K11 Micra SR 1996 and i had installed my sony Cd player using a Nissan to ISO adapter. Well the problem is when i got my super s it had a standard nissan tape player and wanted to put in my sony player instead (which was from my SR). i did the usual, took the nissan player out and put the sony in with the ISO adapter, but the sony player doesnt work. i first thought it would be the audio fuse but it checks out, i even checked the fuse on the player it self and that was fine.

Anyone have any ideas? im bored without my music feels like something is missing lol

Thanks for the help
Ash

Have you compared the wires going into the ISO adapter with the wires going into the headunit?

Do the red and yellow wires both match up with the ignition and main power feed?

Also, it might be worth running a new dedicated earth to the car chassis :)

Mine had no -ve terminal... had to wire the stereo's earth / -ve to the car's chassis... I only figured it out when the stereo only powered up with the arial plugged in (it was earthing throught the arial).

HTH

- Anthony

Back