cant remove head unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

albruno

had sony head unit fitted by halfruads ages ago and finally got round to doin the 6 by 9s, so got them int parcel shelf fine, but big problem is i cudnt remove the head unit and now one of the removal keys is stuck in place

any1 had any past experience or any solution to fixing it

i put both keys in to remove it and it seemed to be stuck so i treid takin em bk out and the key on the left hand side has become latched onto somethin and wont budge

so any ideas to how to get at it and get it unstuck will be a big help

cheerz to evry1 in advance

I think the only thing you can do is to keep pushing it back in and out till it comes out. Maybe pull the other side a little more that the side that gets stuck so it might move round the obstruction. It could also be that you havent pushed the keys in enough. How far did the HU come out?

Dont know how to get it un-stuck but there is a wire for back speakers already in the car, even if the are not any rear speakers as standard. The plug is found behind the lining over the right wheel arch in the boot

cheerz for ure help ppl im gonna hav another crack at it in a bit

nah the head unit didnt come out at all just stayed exacly were it woz, it can move it up and down a bit but thats it
and then they key got stuck, but those keys are so weak they just bend and the key just wont come out

all sorted now anyway, although did have to take most of the dashboard off

You wanna go back to halfords slap the fool that fitted it round the head because he's obviously forced it in and jammed it. Unless he's put the cage/cradle in upside down. I would suspect one or more bent clips, so you'll just have to slide a small screwdriver down the edges and push them all down flat. If all else fails try and crain you head around the back of the unit and what's what.

Thread from the dead.

Attachments

• HOLYTHREAD.jpg
    HOLYTHREAD.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 308
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back