Non Official MSC Side Repeaters I've Made

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
I was in my local Motor parts store in heckmondwike and came across some BMW Mini style repeaters, I then saw some letters on a deal 3 for £2.oo so I got 2 x M's, 2 x S's & 2 x C's.

This is what I came up with :

Before I added the letters....................................After & Before...........................................................After.

thum_452147f50102975f4.jpg
thum_452147f5010335b76.jpg
thum_452147f50102e57f6.jpg

All I need to do now is work out how to take my current side indicators off to replace them. They did originally come with Blue LED's but I have replaced them with yellow LED's from a Spare Yellow GU10 bulb I had lying around.

So what do you think?

that is very very cool :D nice touch and neatly done. personally i would probably have put NEX or K11 or my initals, but that is still cool.

are you planning to make them functional vents too?

sweet, let us know how easy they are to fit. how much where the side repeaters? looks like something even more unique than wing mirror indicators

They look great, if a web addy coul be added in small writing across the bottom it would be nice in red, but as is looks great. Good thinking

Yes they'll be a direct replacement, they go on using 3M double sided tape.

I won't be having them as functional vents as I would need to do a bit more glueing and what would they be venting.

I didn't think of using my initials, I just thought of promoting MSC. Nex, if you had a set of these then you initials would look cool, PJG wouldn't lol.

I have a China Blue Micra but I'm sure it'll still look sweeeeet..

Our lass had bought me some Ripspeed Side sills to fit yesterday, I have to make a small adjustment because of the lip but I'll get that done in my lunch hour.

Finally Fitted These...

Well as I got my Exhaust done yesterday I thought I might as well fit me LED side indicators ready for Saturdays Meet at Ferrybridge services.

thum_4521481187d6a123e.jpg

thum_4521481187d76b6dd.jpg

Cheers, a slight problem though, you may notice that the original pictures the lens is a transparent black, the solvent I used to glue the lens back on has overtime turned it White, which isn't bad as I am thinking of turning alll if not most of my trim white also the Alloys, but all in god time.

not bad, can't wait to see them tomorrow (Y)

hmm was thinking would they fit if you put the vented bit on the other side (towards the doors) or isn't there enough room?

You can do it either way as the wire isn't that thick and very flexible, If you are interested in getting some, check ebay or you local non-halfords motor spares stockist.

Back