Door Mirrors with LED Side Repeaters for LHD Micra

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Hi, guys

Have a set of new door mirrors with LED side repeaters for a LHD Nissan Micra for sale.

I bought them off here:
http://jdmautolights.com/nissan-verita-march-922006-door-mirrors-p-2696.html?osCsid=5910c361baca934871563b64ce3d1ed8

As you can see they have been advertised as for a Nissan Verita March k11 1992-2006. I've never heard of a LHD March so I bought them without double checking. I have them fitted now on my car, but as soon as they went on, I found out they're for a LHD Micra. The look fantastic and I love the shape, but it's extremely difficult to use them on the road. Mounting is OEM, no mods needed.
I contacted the seller, they were surprised and said they had no problems with or complains about this set so far. I was offered a refund, but the problem is that I had to cut the plug to get the mirrors going with my current car wires and set up. So there would be a restocking fee, IF the manufacturer accepts them(still waiting on an answer).

There are a few lads from continental Europe in this forum, so decided to see if there's anyone interested before I go forward.

As I've said these door mirrors are for LHD car.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Open to offers

The difference between LHD and RHD mirrors is the in the angle the mirrors can be adjusted to. The mechanism they sit on has only a certain range of degrees that can be turned to. Depending on where the drivers position is, a different mechanism is mounted in the mirrors shell in order to provide good rear view. If you have no electric adjustable mirrors then you can position them as you wish.
Hopefully that helps.

could you not swap them around or maybe get the mechanism from the RHD car? You love all that DIY shizzle. I sure you could make them fit. They look the dogs danglers. lol

could you not swap them around or maybe get the mechanism from the RHD car? You love all that DIY shizzle. I sure you could make them fit. They look the dogs danglers. lol

Can't get the RHD mechanism, they do them only for LHD. Possibly I could modify them. I'm just too scared to remove the glass, as I have not done it before on a set like this one, only on my Micra's. Besides they are brand new. Don't want to brake anything... yet :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I meant the machanism from the standard rhd mirrors

That could be an option. Not likely though as the base has an OEM mounting, but the rest of the shell and the mirror itself has a different shape and size. If it doesn't sell or get returned to manufacturer, I may try it.
Thanks for the idea, mate (Y)

i have a set of these on my RHD LX, and yea its pretty hard to see, but i spaced the motors out and it was a little better, but still needs some work. however i am now in Sweden, and i am thinking of buying a LHD micra which these would go great on,

what were you thinking for them?

Nex, whats the insides of these look like?

pep the glass should come out the same as usual, but i can understand you being hesitant as it looks like the mirror glass isnt the normal shape.

I'd have thought (assuming the internal mounting points are similar) you could just move over the drivers side cogs / motors to the passengers side and vice versa or maybe just remove the little bit that affects the movement.

I'd guess the only way to know is to take it apart :) Which as you've said is risky.

Nex, whats the insides of these look like?

pep the glass should come out the same as usual, but i can understand you being hesitant as it looks like the mirror glass isnt the normal shape.

I'd have thought (assuming the internal mounting points are similar) you could just move over the drivers side cogs / motors to the passengers side and vice versa or maybe just remove the little bit that affects the movement.

I'd guess the only way to know is to take it apart :) Which as you've said is risky.

from what i remember (it was a few years ago) the glass actually pops out the other way to normal K11s, they have the clips on the other side. but i can pop the glass out and get some photos.

the glass is a different shape, which might be expensive if it needs replacing, but i have not had a problem so....

Thanks, guys.

Nex, as you have probably noticed the other thing is the near side and offside bases are different. The near side (driver's side for LHD) has a slightly wider angle and the shell is more "open", when the offside (driver's side for RHD) is slightly narrower and keeps the shell and mirror closer to the door.

What did you use to space out the motor, mate? Washers? I can't see from the pictures.

i wedged something behind the mirror and loosened the screws, but one has fallen out i noticed. but i think its not the end of the world, if i put a little more time and effort into it i think they could be redirected, though the glass might stick out quite a bit.

i wedged something behind the mirror and loosened the screws, but one has fallen out i noticed. but i think its not the end of the world, if i put a little more time and effort into it i think they could be redirected, though the glass might stick out quite a bit.

That's my biggest worry, the glass would stick quite a bit. I love DIY, but that's a brand new set, it would be shame to play around with it :( I'll keep them as they are and when the right offer comes, I'd sell them. (Y)

Door mirrors removed and prepared for sale. Had two lads interested with them yesterday, one's left so far. If anyone is interested, make me an offer and I'll have you on the list :)

Thank

Back