fitting probs with clear side repeaters???

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
has anyone else had any probs fitting clear side repeaters.

they claim to be a straight swap but the bulb holder don't fit in the repeater. and they fit to the wing differently to the original ones. :S

i was wondering how everyone else made them fit before i go butchering my orange ones :D

cheers, graeme. :)

i had bother with mine, supposedly you just gotta trace the wires back under the arch but i didnt bother with any of that, i took the orange bulb out and superglued the casing to the old bulb holder - buggered if one of the bulbs go like but you know

lol, that was my 1st thought but solarice gave me a better way to butcher it, so you can still change the bulb.

i'm guessing they all come like this?

anyone had a direct replacement?

:)

Take out origional repeater
Pull back ur arch liner around the arch lip
Trace the wire from the repeater to the connector in the wire
Unclip
Thread the new repeater thru the hole
Reconnect connector
Push the arch liner back into place
And make sure u test before u put the arch liner back

Or if easier come to mine and I'll sort it for ya, lol

talkin to titch the other day about this and he has got almera side repeaters which were a sirect replacement being nissan. they were the same size as the standard orange ones but clear/smoked. depends if ur original ar circular or oval as they are oval on mine and titches

yeah, i got the round ones. :)

found out today that they don't come with new bulb holders any more grr so i got to 'make' them fit :( gonna have to wait and do that at the weekend.

on a better note i got my door handles and boot handle colour coded :)

cheers guys :)

Back