noise from driveshaft

hi guys when i drive i get a grindind noise from passenger side car drives fine but very noisey am i correct in thinking it could be driveshaft and is it possible it just needs grease and if so can i just fill gatoers

If it's grinding it's probably damaged. So if you're gonna go to the effort of getting the CV boot off to grease it you might as well change the CV joint (or the whole driveshaft) while you're there. That is if it definitely is the CV joint thats grinding. If you've got a split CV gator with grease all over the place then look no further. CV joints tend to be clicking noise when turning so not sure when u say grinding. Another possibility is the disc brake guard has got bent in and is rubbing. That's an easier fix.

If it's grinding it's probably damaged. So if you're gonna go to the effort of getting the CV boot off to grease it you might as well change the CV joint (or the whole driveshaft) while you're there. That is if it definitely is the CV joint thats grinding. If you've got a split CV gator with grease all over the place then look no further. CV joints tend to be clicking noise when turning so not sure when u say grinding. Another possibility is the disc brake guard has got bent in and is rubbing. That's an easier fix.

cheers never thought of disc gaurd may be that i will take a look grinding was only i could describe it lol

I love it when the simple things work out. Seems to be a rare occurrence :laugh:

I had to bend it back a bit more once the wheel was back on and tightened up because it pushes the disc back further.

It's the brake disk guard rubbing on the brake disk as the disk spins. Take off the wheel and bend the guard backwards away from the disk, as it should be, and problem fixed.

Back