Broken driveshaft?

skymera

Brutal Honesty
So after running 150mm lows yesterday it didn't seem to make the passenger side driveshaft very happy.

Had to stop after a short while when the driveshaft was knocking louder than the stereo and was making the car shake. Luckily it didn't snap :O

I've risen the car up to where it was before-ish but it's still knocking slightly. There isn't much play in it, about 1-2mm if I give it a tug. Is this normal? Or have I screwed the shaft?

I'll raise it another few mm all round and take her for a drive and hopefully it would've stopped.

I have not seen how bad the suspension geometry is when lowered by 150mm but I can imagine things would be severely compromised by that point. Excessive lowering has been known to cause premature CV joint and boot wear, so it's certainly a possibility if something was already a fair way through its life cycle.

Lowering any car to excess brings in a whole array of issues and is very much a trade-off of looks over performance.

It's still making a "clicking noise" mostly when turning right?

I'll get prodding around tomorrow providing weather holds up!

skymera said:
It's still making a "clicking noise" mostly when turning right?

I'll get prodding around tomorrow providing weather holds up!

That'll more than likely be your cv joint then

Hi I have similar problem mine doesn't click its more of a knock it don't do it all the time and it's on the front could this be the inner cv joint or just the outer?

Probably the outer as they work harder (have to deal with more angle) does it do it going round corners? Or potentially when accelerating?
Hi drove around in the car last night there is no noise when turning all the time and non when accelerating it sounds like an exhaust knocking on the chassis but it's on the front wheels it doesn't do it all the time could this be a bush,wishbone etc and not cv joint?

Back