noise backend

toplad

Buy & Sell Member
i currently own a k11 on a m plate. On one occasion i reversed my micra slightly to far on my drive , probz about 3 to 5 mph in reverse , hence hitting the wall.
Ever since this little incident , the car makes a funny noise from the back.The noise only occurs when there are two passengers in the back and only occurs you go over a hump.I checked the spare wheel area and it is ever so slightly dented in and there was 1 scrape on the plastic bumper.I put the spare wheel back in very tightly secured and the noise still occurs.

What is the noise most likely to be ? A shock absorbed ? Drive shaft?????

you've probably shifted the rear bumper slightly which is allowing the rear tyres to contact it slightly when fully loaded.

No driveshafts at the back, bit of a difficult one really. The most likely if you hit that hard would be the exhaust may have bent down.

could be the rear bumper re-enforcing jobbie. some bloke ran into me last week so i need a new one as its bent in the middle and the car only hit us at about 3mph! :p only a slight scuf on the bumper (carnt tell what so ever)! so probs could be that rattling or somthing silly lol.

mine used to do it, as the bumper and re-enforing was rubbing on each other slighty.

what size wheels/alloys and tyres you got on... my 15's scrub on rear drivers side when got a full load ohn humps too... did it on both my k11's...

standard wheels , i fink theres a good chance its the back bumper or exhaust maybe loose.
The noise is definately a Scraping/Scrubbing noise.

Back