NME Micra Kit Car

CMF_Madrabbit

» CMF Member
I thought I might share this picture of Abi Mahmood in his georgeous Nissan Motorsport Europe built Kit Car.

I believe only three were ever built and rallied.
This one was driven by Mark Higgins in 1997 when the UK motorsport governing body introduced the new F2 (front wheel drive only) rules.

Anyway, Abi tracked his car down to a guy in the Netherlands and persuaded him to part with the car in exchange for lots of money.

The engine is still 1275 but has about 150BHP to play with.
The gearbox is a 6 speed sequential with flat shift and sounds great when on full throttle and going up through the gears.

The photo was taken at this years Abingdon Car-nival stage rally where he finished 1st in Class and 27th Overall out of 100 starters on only his third event in the car.

Attachments

• 37878.jpg
    37878.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 33

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
Hey Madrabbit, nice kit car, Mat Humphris also has a kit car that he has been building for the last couple of years, this is old pictures of it, i spoke to him three weeks ago and he said it is up and running.

Attachments

• 37881.jpg
    37881.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 35

CMF_Madrabbit

» CMF Member
sportsclassic WROTE:

"Hey Madrabbit, nice kit car, Mat Humphris also has a kit car that he has been building for the last couple of years, this is old pictures of it, i spoke to him three weeks ago and he said it is up and running.

Yes, he was also at Abingdon, servicing next to Abi.
This was Matt's first outing for the car and first rally Matt has competed on for some years. Matt's car looks amazing, a lot of time and effort has been put into his Micra, it was almost a shame to get it dirty!
Unfortunately, he had a problem and didn't finish, I don't know what the problem was, but he hinted it was a significant (expensive) problem.

We were also out in our rally Micra (not a Kit car - a bit like your car) and failed to finish due to a fueling problem, our first mechanical failure in 2 years for the mighty Micra!

Attachments

• 37893.jpg
    37893.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 38

CMF_Chickenwaahoo

» CMF Member
Well, here's a funny thing. I was just doing a search on google and came across a picture of our rally car. When I say 'our' rally car, I am the person that sits in the other seat and tells Madrabbit which way to go when we are rallying.
The reason Madrabbit didn't reply is his son was born on the 16th July 2008, so I guess he was a bit busy.........
Anyway, the Micra above has evolved a bit over the years we have owned it. Basic current spec is;

Harry Hockly straight cut dog box with gripper lsd
CGA3DE with Tomei cams, GSXR throttle bodies and Emerald ecu
Janspeed manifold with homemade 100dB max system
Bilstein platform inverted struts (fr) Bilstein blues on rear
Brake servo removed and bias pedal box fitted
and this year we've moved onto 15" slicks from 14"

Car is on the rollers (this is with the original CG13DE) here;

Here is some 'in bumper' footage from a UK tarmac rally;

Best wishes to you all.

Attachments

• 57536.jpg
    57536.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 35

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
great shots guys. Love the little cars. Unfortunately we dont have a rally series up here in Darwin and only have Motorkhanas and circuit days in which our little micra has done very well.

I lap hidden Valley in around the 1min 30 second mark and the V8 Brute utes do it in a 1 min 28 second. So the NA 1.3 micra is hot on their heals.

They hate me LOL

Back