My current car, and my new 2.0t micra...

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
This is my current car... Which is being stripped in a week or two... There is nothing wrong with the car... bar its age and undercarrage condition..

But as some of you may have read. 'Raceworx' has given up his 2.0 project and sold it onto me... Ive got a bare shell now with mounts and WRC spec shafts to suit an SR20DE...

This coming weekend im fitting an SR20DE out of the Primera eGT REDTOP.. this is the 150bhp model. After the engines in and running I will be transferring all the body kit off my yellow wide arch micra over... with the uprated parts.. Suspension, strut braces, Alloy wheels etc...

Also being transferred will be the ABS equipment and the rear discs/calipers axle to the new car... will keep you updated..

img0077resized7rn.jpg

img01047resized8xa.jpg

img0084resized8uh.jpg

img00797resized5qi.jpg

These were taken today... Seems such a shame to strip her in her prime but I just dont have the room for two project micras!!!

cisco

» CMF Member
That is one mean looking micra. Great work on the wide body kit for sure.

Good luck with the 2L project, sounds EXCITING!!!

Yeah I love that splash photo.

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
Brendon, the car is lowered with KYB shocks and GMAX springs... it actually sits quite low to the ground.. its just the 14'' rims with low profile tires make it look high in the pics...

Coilovers on the way soon tho...

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
Oh... Im picking up my new Primera eGT tonite... HIGHPORT- SR20DE redtop: hotshot headers.. blitz leads, iridium plugs, koni shocks and springs.... etc...

the owners wife hit a 'skip' and ripped the passengerside wheel into the floorpan... meaning its a right off....

To me its a bargain!!!!!

though I have no use for the primera specific parts... So ill sell on...

Pics to follow

Kristian

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
Well I managed to pick up the 2.0 eGT- This car has the SR20DE Highport block...

Got a hotshot stainless 4,2,1 manifold only a couple of months old, and Blitz HT leads and Iridium plugs with the car too...

Bargain!!!

dscn34787sx.jpg

dscn34634rq.jpg

Should get round top fitting it and the ENTIRE wiring loom ( inc interior and rear loom ) I removed from the car the weekend after next..

CMF_Tseq

» CMF Member
Very good looking car.
I think a set of rally style 17's in black or white will match perfectly to the bodykit.
As for the suspension go for proflex or racing spec Avo(I've seen those in Demon tweeks 2006 catalogue).

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
NZ-AJ:

The door handles have been removed and the door 'pops' on remote switches... this is pureyl an asthetic and security thing... Looks great with the arches I think

cisco

» CMF Member
Wow, SSUK is still alive. Haven't heard from you for ages mate!

Attachments

• 18664.jpg
    18664.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 38

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
Engine out, Rear axel off and suspension off!.. also all brake stuff, master servo, abs unit etc...

dscn35684tm.jpg

dscn35729pt.jpg

dscn35730hz.jpg

BYE!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"!"!"£!£""¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

dscn35744kh.jpg

All gone.. All Ive got left in the garage is a COMPLETELY bare K11 shell with mounts for a SR20DE... A huge pile of micra performance parts and bodykit... And the full electics And engine from the Primera eGT...!!... just like a big jigsaw puzzle now making it all fit together!!!!.. CANT WAIT!

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
Finally got started on the SR20 project

TWO short days of the build down and this is the current status:

Initialy there was a short delay in the buildup as the Complete loom that came with the car had to be removed.. this was down to the fact I didn't know where the micra loom finished and the SR20 loom started.. and how complete is was... So we have started with a blank canvas..:

This is the interor bare of loom:

dscn3616wq8.jpg

and the offending loom.... Is this an almera GTI ( SR20 ) ecu IAN?

dscn3613au2.jpg

So ...

Some prepairing of the engine had to be done... the Powersteering pump assembly and water pump assembly had to be removed.. Then hole in the side of the engine where the water pump had been had to be blanked off.. a Stainless steel sheet was cut and fabricated to fit over the hole using the original bolt holes for fixing.. this was fitted over the hole with High temp Gasket sealant.. then the original pump housing was ground down so It could be used to reinforce the stainless blanking plate and the original water pump housing bolts could be used...

then..

Engine IN.......... -it was a tight fit but bar slight trouble with one mount, (which would of been sorted today but my local scrappies wasn't open) its in...

dscn3623ll8.jpg

^^ALSO SEE ABOVE PICS^^

Then COMPLETE P10 Loom..

All of the loom is now in..........- bar some rejoining of some cable clusters where splicing was unavoidable in removal... and generally reconnecting some internal things.. clocks, some interior switches etc..

The Loom from the P10 eGT which was being fitted is much more than needed.. its inclusive of wiring for 4 door central locking and electric windows, 4wheels ABS sensors, Rear speakers with factory AMP, automatic ariel, Electric mirrors etc etc..

But Its much easier and reliable to have a complete loom that can be cut down as needed than splicing 2 looms together..

......then onto some bits and pieces...

Sports Steering wheels and RAID boss are on..

Both Front and Rear performance suspension is on... Consisting of KYB performance Shocks and GMAX sports springs.. (Adj panhard rod and strut braces will go on later)

Rear suspension:
dscn3636yr5.jpg

Fitted:
dscn3640ro7.jpg

Wheels are on.. Borbet Type T: 14''x9'' et15 ...

dscn3642nv3.jpg

getting there... phew..

The loom fitting should easily be finished next weekend as should the final engine mount fitting.. Gear linkages should also be finished.

Thios means the Engine can be started and Run.. also Full electrics should work...

Back