Nissan Sunderland

rj007

Ex. Club Member
Just wondering if anyones ever tried to organise a trip to Nissan? I know that they do plant tours where you could see all the models being built: primera 4 door 5door + estate,almera 3 door 4 door + 5door,micra 3 door 5 door + C+C and also the new tone 3 door + 5door. They occasionaly let people around the test track! Might need to organise some sort of publicity for them to agree. :glance:

think this has been mentioned somewhere before, Neil i think it might have been but probably wrong. Someones dad off here works there too

Yeah you're right i've just found it. I did look before but never came across it. I'm sure that the tours are on though. Will try + find out and let you know. :p I know that the staff can take friends/families around if they arrange it first. (Apparently Nismo K12 is trying to get his dad to organise something.)

i qualify to come too :D Ian tells me my focus has a jap engine so if they claim i cant look coz im not related to jap al karate chop their asses + ill take my lump out and hoist it round the factory just to prove it! really want to go can u tell

sorry i asked and they still wont let us in (must be TS stuff going on)

and even if they did they wouldnt let us on the test track lol....and personally i dont think they need any publicity stunts at the minute. The pink k12 is doing that all on its own just fine.

We should just go up and park out side lol.

rj007 said:
Just wondering if anyones ever tried to organise a trip to Nissan? I know that they do plant tours where you could see all the models being built: primera 4 door 5door + estate,almera 3 door 4 door + 5door,micra 3 door 5 door + C+C and also the new tone 3 door + 5door. They occasionaly let people around the test track! Might need to organise some sort of publicity for them to agree. :glance:

also if you want to see all the models you can park next to the compound thing where they leave all the finished cars before there shipped out!

i didnt know you could park next to the compound! what part of nissan does your dad work?

i go there ever day! work on engine dress (putting ancilleries on engine) average 340 a shift!

it,s a nightmare:down:

I had racing there ine one of the big open areas beside it for the 1/10th scale model touring cars i race.

So technically i've been there but not for a tour!!

they still do tours i work there and have been there for the past 10 years (bummer )and i can tell u they still do tours i see them evey week on day shift

i can see it from me room here and ive worked there so ive seen bits, i was mainly in paintshop so never really wandered over castings or assembly but when i did, i was 20 mins late getting where evr cos it was just so intresting!, shame we couldnt get a tour there! :(

Back