Yes its a Micra

M

micar

Yes, this is a micra.

Nissan’s transformation into a builder of desirable cars continues with this Sport Concept, which will be unveiled at the New York Auto Show this year

Based on the stretched Micra platform that will also underpin the Tone mini-MPV later this year, the Sport Concept is Nissan’s reaction to the growing popularity of cars like the Mini Cooper and the US-market Scion tC among young Americans.

The Sport Concept is based on the five-door Japanese-market Tiida, which uses a stretched Micra platform, although its seriously butch bodykit hides virtually all similarities, bar the light clusters, bonnet and basic proportions. The Sport Concept gets 20-inch six-spoke alloys, four individual sports seats with four-point harness and speakers built into the parcel shelf.

Although there’s no word on engine specifications, the Tiida is only available with a 108bhp 1.5-litre four-cylinder, with a new 1.6-litre unit on the way. Anything much larger won’t fit into the engine bay, slightly undermining the sporting character suggested by the styling.

Nissan North America has announced it will be launching a car of this size next year, although product planning boss Jack Collins would only say that the Sport Concept ‘would be right at home in Nissan showrooms in the not-too-distant future.’ If it does enter production, the chances of a UK launch are promising, as Nissan has declared all its new models should be fit for launch in any worldwide market if they can make a profit.

In Europe, Nissan has said there will be up to three replacements for the Almera, and it has already confirmed the Tone and Qashqai 4x4.

21355720351.jpg

21355721491.jpg

i think it looks awesome, and really do hope it comes out:love::eek:

that does look awesome, if it doesn't make it to production like that it would be a crime i think it would be really popular over here.

Its not actually gona be lauched as a micra. Come on you lot, this was on another micra site ages ago, keep up! Look like a 307, Mazdo something, and a Focus, not bad i suppose

JayY said:
Its not actually gona be lauched as a micra. Come on you lot, this was on another micra site ages ago, keep up! Look like a 307, Mazdo something, and a Focus, not bad i suppose

soz jay. some people dont actually have time to be pathetically searching all other sites all the time. some have lives away from the desktop. and dont go searching all other sites. so news like this may be interesting to them.

chill out and just let the news travel its cause.

Attachments

• tshirtback.jpg
    tshirtback.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 189
Wot u on about quickdraw? i look at two micra sites when i got on the net. think your the one who needs to chill out

Attachments

• t-shirt.jpg
    t-shirt.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 177
  • sampleback1.jpg
    sampleback1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 187
RE: RE: Yes its a Micra

quickdraw said:
some have lives away from the desktop.

You spend alot more time on here than i do!!! Look at both of our profiles!! :laugh: U kill me!

RE: RE: Yes its a Micra

Dr Zoidberg said:
NeX said:
looks kinda like a ford focus / honda civic cross bread but very cool :)

with poss a hint of peugeot 307, still its very nice :)

yea the front end with the badge and the headlights is very peugeot :)

JayY said:
quickdraw said:
some have lives away from the desktop.

You spend alot more time on here than i do!!! Look at both of our profiles!! :laugh: U kill me!

only said it cos it sounded rude how you said it thats all. there was no need to "have a go" as it sounded is alli was saying.

my computer stays on thats why ;)

this car which was revelad a few months ago at nissan usa design studio is no longer a concept the final derivitive of it will be going into production soon. to be seen mid 2006. more pics here.sport
and some of the other almera replacemnt chassis concept here,azeal

its going to be the new sentra its also going to be released in the UK.

3 engines have been selected so far.

1.8 from the current almera
2.0T from the renault megane
2.5 from the xtrail/sentra

its great when your dad works for nissan.

as long as its not pathetcic engine below 2.0 it should sell and as long as its a 2.0T possibly 4x4 id buy it :D but the french engine side massivley puts me off

Back