Nissan Micra Spare Parts # 2

CMF_Jennifer

» CMF Member
Hi Nick,

This is my first time on this website. I have just recently purchased a Red Nissan Micra 1996 SKX or SXL K11.

According to the motor mechanic it requires these items to be replaced:
Tappet Cover Gasket
Rear Engine Mount
Gearbox Mount

Just wondering if you quote me on the above parts? Is freight cost per item or group of items? I'm from the Gold Coast and I happy to pay freight costs. I'm on student income so don't have money to burn. Just disspointed the car dealer didn't reapir all the items as he said would.

It is also leaking oil and coolant is there any sort of euipment that pinpoint where the leaks are?

Just joined the Nissan Micra club today. This is my first posting.

I look forward to hearing from soon in regards to my enquiry.

cheers jen

CMF_Jennifer

» CMF Member
Jennifer WROTE:

"Hi Nick,<BR><BR>This is my first time on this website. I have just recently purchased a Red Nissan Micra 1996 SKX or SXL K11.<BR><BR>According to the motor mechanic it requires these items to be replaced:<BR>Tappet Cover Gasket<BR>Rear Engine Mount<BR>Gearbox Mount <BR><BR>Just wondering if you quote me on the above parts? Is freight cost per item or group of items? I'm from the Gold Coast and I happy to pay freight costs. I'm on student income so don't have money to burn. Just disspointed the car dealer didn't reapir all the items as he said would.<BR><BR>It is also leaking oil and coolant is there any sort of euipment that pinpoint where the leaks are? <BR><BR>Just joined the Nissan Micra club today. This is my first posting.<BR><BR><BR>I look forward to hearing from soon in regards to my enquiry.<BR><BR>cheers jen

nsm WROTE:

"hi jen...<BR><BR>is ur micra a manual or auto...they have different engine mounts...<BR><BR>regards...<BR><BR>nick...

Hi Nick,

My Nissa Micra is Automatic 1996 K11 SLX. Oops forgotten to mention that in my previous email.

This website is really helpfull so far.

Thanks in advance for your assistance in to my enquiry.

cheers jen.

CMF_nsm

» CMF Member
hey jen...

gearbox mount will be $69.00...rear mount will be $74.00...rocker cover gasket only comes in a kit form at the moment...let me know...

Regards...

Nick...

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
yep my understanding is they stretch and dont torque down the second time. You should be able to get a good studd kit for them but so you dont need to replace allt he time

CMF_DeepFraught

» CMF Member
Hi Nick,
I'm about to message you with a list of what I think I need for major service as new owner ('96 LX 116,000km) but if there's anything typically gone by this mileage, I'm open to ideas and things to look for when I start pulling it apart (not my only transport just yet).

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
nsm WROTE:

"hey sports<BR><BR>mackay mounts are too expensive....(long story)....call me and i will explain it...<BR><BR>nick

Thanks Nick i am getting some nismo mounts from humphris. I have bought stuff off them before, should have bought them when the exchange rate was good ;(

Out of interest how much were the mackay mounts?

CMF_smallrat

» CMF Member
Hi Nick, thanks for the quick postage and the item was packed up neatly.Thank you once again and sorry for the late posting!:)

Regards,
jay

Back