Nicest micra install?

kenwood kdc - w5031 hu
x2 Kenwood typhoon subs (800w)
sony pentagon d class monoblock amp (1600w) (to power both subs)
Infinity kappa 60.5cs with tweeters (270w)
Infinity kappa 693.5i 6x9's (330) (run of hu)
vibe vp2 amp (600w) (to power front components)

got all this sitting waitting to go into my micra dieing to hear wat it will sound like all depends on money whether it gonna be a fibreglass build or just covered mdf, any body heard any of that stuff going cse i avn't

cheers Dave

i have one sony xplod 1200w sub in the middle of my boot and im in the process of making a new shelf to put sony xplod 6x9s 400w each in, then i plan on upgrading the ones in the door and thats mine done. will have pictures soon.

and i still have enough boot space to live with.

my install...

jvc 502 h/u - facia in drivers door card.

5.25" rockford fosgate punch compos
6.5" rockford fosgate punch compos

fibreglass door builds

4 x 15" rockford fosgate p3 subs

8.8 cu. ft. box, fibreglassed in.

lightning audio amp powering front end
rockford fosgate 'surfboard' amp powering subs
1 exxide maxxima battery

147.8db (summer '05)

DSCN1133.jpg

DSCN1124.jpg

Image078d.jpg

think it's safe to say you have the nicest micra install so far......sweet mate, sweet!

Grant said:
i second that.

but it mite be the nicest but what does it sound like?

like world war III, some serious edited bass pumps out from that system. shakes the ground let alone the car and every car near it

Heres my sub, nothing special but it's ok for the moment. Since this pic was taken i've sorted out the wiring, tidied it up, I still need to secure my amp yet though. Should I just screw it onto my sub box? Or would it cause any distortion? Should it break the seal?

Attachments

• IMAGE_002046.jpg
    IMAGE_002046.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 282
  • IMAGE_002047.jpg
    IMAGE_002047.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 273
goldstar0011 said:
and making a phone on the roof dance!

y mate did this with 2 12" "xxx" subs in his corsa sealed in 2 fiberglass spheres....the phone jumped at least 1" off the roof.

you couldnt sit in the car with the windows up it was too loud..i could just manage t stay in ther for a short while with windows down .lol

goldstar0011 said:
K11 stew's wins for me, I'll try find the video of his install setting off car alarms and making a phone on the roof dance!

I can do that with a ported 10 and 1.5kwrms, your point being :blush:

y mate did this with 2 12" "xxx" subs in his corsa sealed in 2 fiberglass spheres....the phone jumped at least 1" off the roof.

RE (Resonant Engineering) XXX? Nice subwoofer, the new 2006 model soon to be released is immense, 10cm peak to peak excursion (5cm each way) :wow:.

Port a XXX and your laughing, I'm looking at a 2006 XXX for my next install :rolleyes:

Well mine had several plays, i did finish the fibreglass install, but didnt get any pics! Shame really, looked ok! She was read at 147.2db, which i didnt think was too bad!

First install was a simple 12" PG Octane Sub, sealed box, and a mutant 480sp powering the sub at 160rms, and the front mutant comps at 60rms each speaker!

DSC04220.jpg

DSC04219.jpg

whoops, got messy

DSC04257.jpg

Then along came install number two! As you can see, got plenty of gear! lol

DSC04395.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm
DSC04397.jpg

DSC04396.jpg

Then its time to make space

DSC04467.jpg

DSC04468.jpg

Baffles

f4b0f800.jpg

Skipping the making the fibreglass, too many pics - almost there!!!

DSC04479.jpg

DSC04480.jpg

DSC04481.jpg

Two subs were magnet out towards the rear doors when open, two amps on the rack, comps were mounted in the bootlid aiming at people looking, and second set were fibreglassed into the dash at me!!

ill have a trawl through the folder for you! if there is anything you wana know specifically i can help it out, ill see if people on my forum have the finished article yet

Back