Nicest micra install?

L

lewis

Does anybody have any pics of a 'nice' audio install in a micra?

I've started a fairly large one in my car and I'm just looking to see if anybody else has done anything other than a sub box sitting in the boot.

Cheers :alien:

Mine was pretty tidy, and loud.

finished19oe.jpg

71zt.jpg

Consisted of:

2 x Kenwood Amps
Kenwood Sub (700W)
Kenwood 6x9's
Kenwood Components in doors
Kenwood 5x3's in boot and back doorcards
Kenwood Headunit 7024M
Crossover Kit

Was pretty loud as most will tell you :)

lewis said:
see if anybody else has done anything other than a sub box sitting in the boot.

Tbh I'm more bothered about the sound quality than the look of the install, but I'll post up a couple of mine. I'm yet to trim the boot, but the amp, digital EQ, crossover, etc are all hidden under a false floor.

I'll soon be fibreglassing a subwoofer enclosure into the left rear wheel arch to make it more stealth (as well as being lighter than mdf and giving more room in the boot)!

Right, here goes........

Old Install (3 amps running 3-way active setup via AudioControl 4XS digital crossover - ~900wrms total):

oldempty.jpg
oldfull.jpg

New Install ( 1 huge 5 channel amp running SQ based 2 way active setup via Audiocontrol 4XS digital crossover, EQ and Epicenter - ~1.4kwrms total):

newempty.jpg
newfull.jpg

There's a lot of equipment crammed under that false floor! It leaves me with 'some' usable space at least, and I am hoping to soon get rid of the big ported box in favour of a fibreglass box in the wheel arch :)

Excellent guys, keep it coming :)

Pete, how do you ensure heat control under your false floor?

Thanks in advance!

lewis, you cant see them but I have 4 x 6mm fan's, two at each end of the amp (its very long and quite thin), 2 fans pushing air and 2 pulling, they both draw air from under the front lip of a boot (some vents are present :)).

And 153dB from 2 sealed sub's, what mic was that with? Audiocontrol or something else? That's pretty impressive.

this was mine :)

Attachments

• 0184.jpg
    0184.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 443
  • 0189.jpg
    0189.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 401
I welded a steel back that covered all of that, and was on hinges, this was padded and acted as the back seat - but yes, it was not that comfortable.

It was necessary though to get the required speaker volume. This design is how I would do it again (though I would use 12's and keep the back seat) It works very very well.

It was a real experience the back of that car. It was loud enough to inhibit swallowing, so you ended up dribbling when you sat in the back. And you also experience severe spinal damage from hitting speed bumps. But fun anyway.

haha!!! Andrew what does 99 remind you of?????? hahahahahaaaaa

Gavs second one was brilliant and it sounded out of this world too! Stew's is really loud but not much too look at and i have a couple of pics of some brilliant jap ones but cant get MM to work

Retepetsir said:
lewis, you cant see them but I have 4 x 6mm fan's, two at each end of the amp (its very long and quite thin), 2 fans pushing air and 2 pulling, they both draw air from under the front lip of a boot (some vents are present :)).

And 153dB from 2 sealed sub's, what mic was that with? Audiocontrol or something else? That's pretty impressive.

Excellent - Just curious, I've got 0 experience with fans.

my instal is loud and good base but isnt a pretty set up yet because i havent had the chance because i cant lift and got to near enuf bed rest as the baby pregnancy aint going well :( i have two 12" vibe subs and 600W amp... not alot yet :(

Where are the pics Pink? :)

Thanks for the pictures guys - I've started a fibreglass install and I'm curious for other ideas and installs from other micras :)

it might have pic of old amp but i got 600w one noe... install will be pink and cream leather(ette) when i finish it after baby born :)

Attachments

• DSC00574.JPG
    DSC00574.JPG
    546.9 KB · Views: 422
Pink Princess said:
it might have pic of old amp but i got 600w one noe... install will be pink and cream leather(ette) when i finish it after baby born :)

Looks promising, pretty much the same as I used to have before I started this project......your plans sound like they will be good :)

arnold that INSTALL IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! LOVE IT! ur whole car is MINK!!
did that install cost alot?? bet it did, but to me it looks WELL WORTH IT.

napster

lmao, the way your writing your replies is making me laugh. Whats with all the random caps n stuff!!?

Anyway, cheers for the comments! Yeah wasnt cheap. The false floor, baffles and boxes were all custom made. There's also two other amps hidden in the rear door cards, powering up the fronts and rears. The whole lot inc wiring was definitly over a grand, but is sure worth it!!

Is there much room behind the rear door cards for amps? I thought it was metal against the plastic piece....

I'm just wondering because I have 2 fairly large amps I would like to hide.

Im not sure how much room there is for a K11, but i'l get some pictures of mine at some point. They're a bit fiddly to get in and out, and wiring them in is a bit tricky, but its a great use of available space and you'd never know they were there. Very very stealth!

Excellent, I'll take a look later, nipping down to homebase to buy a router :D

I'll get a photo of a k11 later and let you know, cheers!

haahaa sorry arnold, just making WORDS STAND OUT :) (its not that funny is it?)

well thats a lot of money spent so it should be worth it lol
is it possible for that link to ur website again caus eive lost it.
cheers

Napster said:
haahaa sorry arnold, just making WORDS STAND OUT :) (its not that funny is it?)

well thats a lot of money spent so it should be worth it lol
is it possible for that link to ur website again caus eive lost it.
cheers

Its in my signature mate, see below ;)

cheers bud will have a look when i have some free time in a minute.
ive seen parts of ur website and it was good so far.
cheers
napster

i know i prob shouldnt add this to this post cause its all bout "boot installs" but i was going to ask u questions arnold??

did you respray the car its self? and how long has it taken you to COMPLETE the car to what it is today? cause it seems like a lifetimes work lol

sorry
naps

Ever type a reply and then accidently hit back? :(

Anyway.........thanks for the replies guys, some good inspiration :)

I've started my install, so far I have only managed to make the boxes although I have all the materials and measurements so progress should be speedy now :)

My current install:

26-PICT0047.JPG

The sub boxes, ready to be smoothed and then fibreglassed over:

23-PICT0043.JPG

If people are interested I can post pics here whenever I manage to do any more with this install, and if theres enough interest post a thread of its own......

Cheers

D4R73N said:
?!??! Thats about the cost of the car!!

Then you dont even want to ask me how much I've spent over the years :suspect::devil:.

It's worth it though, and I can take the equipment with me when I change cars.

Arnold, hope you're still happy with the install, I'm looking forward to seeing it again and might be able to make the 27th :)

Retepetsir said:
It's worth it though, and I can take the equipment with me when I change cars.

Thats what i was thinking when i was doing mine. Its the only part of the car i can take with me

Retepetsir said:
Arnold, hope you're still happy with the install, I'm looking forward to seeing it again and might be able to make the 27th :)

Please do mate, would be great to see you again. Very happy with the install too - amp hasnt blown up since it came back which is nice! but i lost the settings on the HU when the gearbox was changed, so it could probably sound alot better than it does. My HU seriously needs a tune up if you get the time!

micra man said:
Yeah keep us updated mate, looks interesting. :) Will them boxes be big enough?? They look quite small on that pic.

Yeah, I hope so anyway.....they'll be the recommended size by the time I fibreglass over them, the fibreglass won't be straight, it will be arc'd over so will be a lot bigger than it looks like in the pic.

All excited now :D

Some more progress pics of the install:

Check out the dust on the drive.....

15-PICT0052.JPG

Letting the glue set.....

30-PICT0054.JPG

They fit nicely too :D

7-PICT0055.JPG

Back