Next car possibilities...

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Well I was speaking to a mate about this the other night and I think within the next year during my work placement year I will probably get a new car. Here are some of the choices. All just quick pics I found on the net

Subaru Impreza... Insurance not too bad on non-turbo versions, Jap reliability.

58_1.JPG

Honda Civic Coupe... Cheaper on insurance, again Jap and not as thirsty

honda%20civic%20coupe.JPG

Peugoet 106 GTI... Cheapish insurance, quite fast but french!!!

6455-1998-Peugeot-106.jpg

Toyota MR2... Insurance not too bad, nice cars but scary in the wet

TOYOTA%20MR2%20no02.jpg

Nissan 200SX S13... Not too bad insurance I guess, but think I prefer the MR2

100_0446.jpg

The wildcard... Nissan 350Z... About £1600 insurance. The cars still cost a fortune though lol!!! :p

350z.jpg

Think there are a few more which I have considered but not sure what to do, all depends on money really at the time lol. Tough choice, what would you have??

personally id go for the subaru or the 106. 106gti are fairly pokey and reviews arent to bad on them.

also do you know who that 200sx belongs to? theres one identical that lives in rochdale or very close by. seen it a few times, chances are its the same one in rochdale?!

Belongs to Gav, who used to be on here. He used to have the kitted up flipped micra. :) Think he lives in that area so probs is the same one.

I think he is from Rotherham, dunno how close that is to Rochdale lol. Yeah thats the one!!! also Almera GTI may be another possibility. :)

It's gotta eb the 200sx, I have one and there great...thats if you can put up with their engine troubles :p

They drift well too ;)

Nis.

i'd say either the MR2 or the 200sx

Normally i'd say scoobie all the way but if it's the non turbo then it's not worth it.

civic coupe or MR2

my friend bought a MK2 MR2 P reg from an old lady for £7000 and it only has 19k on clock, absolute bargain! car is immaculate, no scratches, no dents, just like new!

Personally I'm looking at a 306 GTi-6 atm for a commuting car during my placement year (which I've just started).......Then a 200sx for the weekends ;)

Hehe

scooby no. Non turbo versions arent that great really, would be better off with something else.

Civic coupe. Only if you get the 1.6 VTi really, the rest arent worth looking at if you can afford the VTi.

106 GTi is a fine car, bit wierd to drive after teh micra, long gear throw, pedals are too cramped, they are fast to 100 though. Some reports of head gasket failure and o2 sensors. Amazing handling though.

Mr2, great car, but only if you can get away with only having 2 seats, i guess you can since you micra never had them. Not scary in the wet at all if you just drive normally.

200sx is a nice car, but as james said if you can put up with the CA18det breaking if your unlucky enough to get a bad one and the headlamps according to james are as decent as hacing 2 candles on your bonnet :|

350Z, well i doubt you want to spend your entire years earnings on a car, but thats upto you.

out of those i would get the civic coupe with a mint body and high miles on a small engine, (cheap) then put a 2.2 prelude engine in and uprate the suspension and breaks to match.

MR2's can be leathal, especially in the wet and the turbo ones are lethal even in the dry. they are fantastic to a point but being able to work out where that point is generally takes a spin or crash so yes they are dangerous cars.

Scooby as others have said, meh, they will be slow as its all about the turbo if you buy a scooby and i agree with rik they are the new corsa.

200SX are fantastic cars but i think they are also a little dangerous. better than the MR2 but not by too much safety wise lol. bound to spin it i know i would when finding the limits, just in that those cars you would be going much faster and therefore much higher chance of dieing lol

oh forgot to mention 350Z personally think they are very boring.

Ian said:
350Z, well i doubt you want to spend your entire years earnings on a car, but thats upto you.

i would sell body parts if i could own a gtr today... :D

ill put them on ebay now...

micra man..if you can afford the insurance go for a low spec skyline.gts

if i had the money i'd get a ferrari F355 for the same sort of money as a 350z.

why dont you get your micra on the road instead of a new car?

I will but I'm talking about next year, it will either be a second car or a replacemnet for mine after I get bored of it after hopefully having it back for a while.

Ian said:
scooby no. Non turbo versions arent that great really, would be better off with something else.

I take it you've never took a scooby sport 2l AWD through the twisties then ? handles the same as a turbo, but without the speed.

i would say the 350z BUT if your're going to use it as a daily driver make sure you've got the petrol money waiting! but it depends on how far your travelling to work.

Mini Beast said:
I take it you've never took a scooby sport 2l AWD through the twisties then ? handles the same as a turbo, but without the speed.

my 160sr says otherwise

yes up my private counrty road on the way home from work....it was a basic scooby and he was trying.
at the end of the road he gave thumbs up and a smiley nod .:)

a turbo scoob is totally different though

RIK said:
yes up my private counrty road on the way home from work....it was a basic scooby and he was trying.
at the end of the road he gave thumbs up and a smiley nod .:)

a turbo scoob is totally different though

Fair play, as they say its not always the car, having a decent drivers helpsas well. Best leave my Beast in the garage then :D

RIK said:
yeah thers allways that..collin mcrae would have dusted me up there like. :D

ive got 383 horses under my bonnet and flying round those twisties sometimes makes my cheeks twitch :D

200sx......my next car.........

dont get a scooby, intollerable under steer.... poor relyability. ....obviously ragged to knackery.....and back...
common as muck and ugly as ....erm....cheese....lol

naah, 200sx, or s2000

RIK said:
i bet it does..passengers feel it more though.mates evo 6 ####s me up thats standard :eek:
i don't do passengers when do our early morning jaunts as we call em, just in case Swear filter evading is not tolerated happens, and the mrs is bad enough when the turbo kicks in just havin a leisurely drive :laugh:

antony_aiken said:
dont get a scooby, intollerable under steer.... poor relyability. ....obviously ragged to knackery.....and back...
common as muck and ugly as ....erm....cheese....lol

not all of them are ragged to knackery..some people do look after their cars..and thats what they are designd to do anyway..go fast and be driven hard.

Mini Beast said:
i don't do passengers when do our early morning jaunts as we call em, just in case **** happens, and the mrs is bad enough when the turbo kicks in just havin a leisurely drive :laugh:

well..were teenagers with access to a evo 6.what do you expect lol

thats one sweet 200sx! cannot remember the last time i saw one that mint...

wait a minute... i take that back JAE lo

still thats a sweet 200sx very nice!!

Back