My next car + how much is mine worth

B

Ben

Just been looking round autorader today and stuff just browsing. I will be replacing the micra in about a years time - most probably in Feb next year but i learned something cool today.

Im currently a second driver with my Retired Grandads insurance policy and he doesnt drive any more so its pretty cheap. I think at the moment i am paying roughly £60 /month for me and his name but insurance renewal is due this month so decided to give autotrader a go and guess what - Quinn direct - £14.99 a month n i was like WOW!! Thats with him as main and me as second so i was like cool.

Anyways decided to start looking for new cars and stumbled across some nice Almeras, Megane coupes, VTS's, and the like but then it hit me - 2.0 GTI Almera in Autotrader - lovely it was. Anyways, i though nah - insurance will be stupid so checked with Quinn direct and voila - £18.99 a month - i was so happy so i think i may go for it next year and get a much bigger engine . Anyway i was wondering how much i would be looking at realistically to get from my car in a years time so add 10K to the 62K it already has and theres your mileage. The mods will all be finished by then well infact by the beginning of next month so how much would i be looking at:

- 1996 1l S
- Gold - pretty good paint work, no major rust or out like that
- interior is immaculate
- will be putting through MOT before hand
- mods:
- 16" Oz Titans with 195/40/16 tyres on (probably replaced tyres - wheels kurbed - may have refurbed)
- Pipercross induction kit
- Neils Zorst (Catback powerflow i think 4.5" slash)
- Proffessional legal tints
- RS2000 skirts (CC)
- Rear ibiza splitter (CC)
- Front laguna splitter (CC)
- Modded grill (CC)
- CC door handles
- Smoothed boot
- Clear rear lights
- Clear repeaters
- Possibly bucket seats but not deffinate
- Lowered 35mm on GMAX springs with Gas KYB shocks all round
- Wind deflectors

and then theres the install but i more than likely will keep that for the mera! I'm pretty sure i got more than that on the car but cant think ATM

sorry mate im no help i dunt have a clue what its worth

sounds like a nice car tho, any pics of it anywhere, nice choice for a new car n all, almera gti's are lush, u after a phase 1 or 2??

dunno, didnt know the difference, no pics of car at minute but once splitters, boot n skirts are done at the beginning of next month ill get some up straight away

- 1996 1l S
- Gold - pretty good paint work, no major rust or out like that
- interior is immaculate
- will be putting through MOT before hand
- mods:
- 16" Oz Titans with 195/40/16 tyres on (probably replaced tyres - wheels kurbed - may have refurbed)
- Pipercross induction kit
- Neils Zorst (Catback powerflow i think 4.5" slash) AINT GOT YET> I AAINT INSTALLED IT EITHER
- Proffessional legal tints
- RS2000 skirts (CC) I AINT DUN EM YET AND I AINT INSTALLED THEM YET
- Rear ibiza splitter (CC) I AINT DUN EM YET AND I AINT INSTALLED THEM YET
- Front laguna splitter (CC)I AINT DUN EM YET AND I AINT INSTALLED THEM YET
- Modded grill (CC)I AINT DUN EM YET AND I AINT INSTALLED THEM YET
- CC door handles
- Smoothed boot I AINT DUN EM YET AND I AINT INSTALLED THEM YET
- Clear rear lights
- Clear repeaters
- Possibly bucket seats but not deffinate
- Lowered 35mm on GMAX springs with Gas KYB shocks all round
- Wind deflectors

so really at the mo u aint got half that **** on it :p

yeah but if u notice i said in a years time so it will all be done by then and in fact will all be done in like 3 weeks time if u can still stick to it and u were supposed to have grill n skirts done for me months ago :D :D

If u need any advice on meras gis a shout mate, very nice cars they are, mine will have a few mods done to it in the next few weeks.

Really nice to drive and handles like its on rails....

You should know that it is ilegal to be driving a car where you are not named as the main driver, when you are the main driver. I doubt that the insurance company would ever find out while you are still driving the micra or even think to check up on you but if you bought a more sporty/boyracer car they might wonder whats going on. Although if I could I would do the same :glance:

Yes mate, it would be a better option as I will be showing tomorrow, lol

Even just putting the car back to std would be a better option and selling ur modded parts off seperately

"You should know that it is ilegal to be driving a car where you are not named as the main driver, when you are the main driver. "

hmmm how would they know? whos to really say "he" is the "main driver"? but its about pretty legal as he can get in that sense being insured as the second driver...imo anyway

Zephyr said:
hmmm how would they know? whos to really say "he" is the "main driver"? but its about pretty legal as he can get in that sense being insured as the second driver...imo anyway

If you had read my whole post you would have the answers.

my grandad has drove the car once before, anyways, im not that bothered bout that to be honest, think i will sell the car as standard and sell parts seperatly, long time away though yet and i change my mind as much as a girl so u never know

Back