Nexen Tyres or Federal Tyres?

as above ive narrowed it down to 4 x Nexen tyres for £110 or 4 x Federal Tyres for £135, does anyone have any advice to give me on these makes of tyres??
there for 14inch (5J) alloys btw so will be 185/55R14

finding it really hard to decide so any advice would be great :D

Any particular reason why you've chosen those? Are you going for the cheapest set available or something?

I don't know if you've uprated suspension and spent money on other areas of the car, but decent tyres are potentially the best handling upgrade you can do to a car. I'd spend a bit more and buy toyo's! :D They're only about £40 a corner.

£40 each! wheres that? :D
yeh i was just going for budget tyres but heard admirals were really bad so looked at these

Check out Blackcircles.com

Enter your tyre size (185/55/14). Toyo CF-1 comes up (ok they're £50 now) but that's fully fitted and balanced etc etc. Very good deal

If you want budget go for arrowspeed, mine have lasted extremely well considering my driving style. Grip isn't so fun in the wet though

i will def consider the toyo's, are both those makes no good then??? thought federal where spose to be good

I use nankang EX-601's all round, cant really fault them, good wear rate, descent grip in the wet. i got mine, 175-60-13's for £30 per corner

Kumho ecsta SPT tyres are a semi track / fast road tyre and mine in 195/45/15 were only £60 each, so for 14's theyre gonna be comparable to these others. but are a much much much better tyre.

Back