Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

My name is Sam and I run corsagsi.co.uk (not a Micra related website I know - sorry!).

Anyways I thought I'd sign up as my other half has a couple of Nissans (she has a K12 Micra and a Figaro!), we actually signed up to the AutoSupply Figaro forums a few months ago but to be perfectly honest I can't stand most of the people on there... I've been browsing these forums for a while and I must say these forums seem inviting and friendly etc. so I thought I'd sign up.

Looking forward to chatting with y'all!

Cheers,

Sam

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00311.jpg

Thanks for the welcomes!

Love figaros think there brilliant soo modern for a car that old What reg is youre figaro? Proper retro yet newish car so good Love them !

The Figaro is actually my other half's... She's owned it a few months now, spents loads of cash on it though... New turbo, head gasket, coolant hoses, etc. etc. :(

It's a 91/J.

Hello and Welcome to the club, great looking Figaro your lass has there. Might have a wonder round your site later, though not a big vauxhall fan unless it's a Nova or Cavalier.

We tried to sell the Figaro on eBay but sadly it didn't go for what she wanted for it, so we might just fix a few little bits on him that need doing then try again in a few months time - probably not the best time of year to sell a car!

Welcome to the boards, i own a corsa! :S
Nice looking Figaro you have there

Thanks!

I actually like driving the Micra and the Figaro (although I get the occasional muppet laughing at me driving the Figaro...). Both are probably better built than the Vauxhall Corsa though haha!

Tell me sumthing is the figaro nippy despite having an auto gearbox? i know the engine itself is good the 1 litre turbo

Put it this way, whoever buys a Figaro buys it for the retro appeal and not the engine performance...

It's quite good for tootling about town in, and you do notice a slight performance increase when the turbo kicks in. No idea what boost it's set to though. The engine is 75bhp apparently.

We recently had to have a new Garrett turbo fitted (the impellers on the old Hitachi one seized = £££), when we drove the car to the garage with the dead turbo on it was quite hillarious trying to go up hills and such!

If I won the lotto or somehow became rich (LOL) I would do something insane like fit a Skyline engine in it haha!

the engine is a nissan micra engine you know ;) its an ma10et, pitty all figaros are auto's though! always wanted to invest on a figaro engine and try get my hands on a gearbox that will run it ( not sure if a standard micra box would be suitable or if i would need the superturbo gear box ) :D

I've never seen the Figaro engine in a Micra before? I thought the only similar one was the one in the Micra ST?

I've heard of someone fitting a 5 speed box to the Figaro engine but I've no idea what (Nissan) car it came from. Read about it on the Figaro forums.

Welcome to the club

the figaro engine was in the original march turbo, a few years before the march super turbo, very retro and rare if you can find one, buy it straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back