Newbie to MSC

Hi guys!
I’m new to the site, I am the proud owner of a 96 1.3 twin cam 16 valve k11.(5DR) current mods are minor but have done alloys low pros, 35 mil drop sportex springs tints and that’s about it. Want to get modding in a big way. Things to do are induction kit, custom new exhaust, and eventually a remap maybe a 421 manifold to boot. Then if I have any money left over some 6x9's and some bass to boot. Will have a pic up very soon.

PS any pointers on which order to do mods in or what will give best HP/bhp gains would be v.helpful.

also don’t have clue whether things like strut brace actually do anything other than look pretty in the engine bay.

Kas.

welcome and

ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPicssmi.gif

:laugh:

Hi guys sorry for the delay in posting was trying to figure out the image hosting pic upload thing on this site.... think i got it sussed pics to follow.....

solarice, going on the millions of pot holes and deformed corners the car takes in the west midlands i think a strut brace is defo the next order of business,
(thanks for the link)

Can any one tell me if £260 is a good price for a custom exhaust from the cat back to the tail pipe is worth it?
also if i have a comeplte exhaust what are the added benefits and the likley cost

Cheers :grinning:

hi guys its question time again whats the cheapest simplest way to get abs/ rear discs on my k11 ? want some stopping power
any help and or advice would be welcomed.

i have read alot on this forum and googled it intesly, seems best way would be almera sri brakes and pads with washers in to space out caliper.( for the ffont wheels)
but when it comes to rear im a bit stuck i have drums on my slx, and what is involved in upgrading them?

kas

Cheapest way to get rear discs as far as i know is find a rear disc'd axle and swap it over...mines still got drums on the back with just bigger brakes up front and so far its stopping ability has been fine :)

Cheers Solarice, i managed to source a set for 60quid
how much work is it to swap em over and how long you rckon it would take ?
im not a mechanic but im learning all the time with my k11....

Cheapest way to get rear discs as far as i know is find a rear disc'd axle and swap it over...mines still got drums on the back with just bigger brakes up front and so far its stopping ability has been fine :)

Back