paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
hi there guys and girls im a newbie from portsmouth, im 19 and have just got my first micra its a silver 1.2 lx 1993 and it will soon start to recive mods. i know tomsr125 krazy_k_10 stu and lou have met paul once or twice all form the portsmouth area. though alot of them have deserted there lil jap cars for bigger things. :( neway just sayin hi pics up soon ooh im paul if u hadent guessed

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Welcome to the forums! Good to know you've already met some existing members. Its a shame krazy got rid of his K10 but at least it was broken, so parts of it remained in the club lol.

OP
OP
paul_k10_Lx

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
spent many hours workin on toms k10's so know them pretty well. just a quickie is there any idfference in the 1.0 and the 1.2 in engine or is it just a bigger cappactiy. yeah been chattin to crazy watch this space ;)

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
The 1.2 is more fun :p

And yeah some parts of mats car are stayin in the club, i bought his strut brace off him! cant wait for it to get here!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
paul_k10_Lx said:
spent many hours workin on toms k10's so know them pretty well. just a quickie is there any idfference in the 1.0 and the 1.2 in engine or is it just a bigger cappactiy. yeah been chattin to crazy watch this space ;)

The 1.2 has 5bhp extra over the 1.0, but the 1.0 apparently is 'stronger' and takes a good battering.. well mine certainly has :)

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
the ma12 is slightly longer, so its probly just a longer stroke, it would make sence as it has more torque, its still a strong block and is takin as much a bashing as i gave my ma10!

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
the block is about 1cm taller. It takes a longer cam belt and is in most other ways nearly the same as a Ma10

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
its a bored out version of the ma10. thus why the fact the ma10 is a slightly stronger block aswell i believe

other than that cant think of much diferences

edit aslng as obviously ou dont start moving into the electronic ignition ma12 etc!! found in the super S

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
the last 1.2 models as far as i know always have the full ecc gumphf on them ive never seen a 93 1.2 k10 without it, will have a cat too so they'll have to go ;)

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
ive had a cpl matt. in fact only as of late have i had a electric one. now ive had erm 3 :S buggers lol.

ucan tell as it has pipes from exhaust manifold coming belt side back to the carb area.

again the otherside in reverse. will have a big carbon canistor in the back right. will have boost sensor on the back panel and has seliniod instead of standard coil behind the battery. easiest thing to look out for

Andrew

Club Member
Arnold said:
The 1.2 has 5bhp extra over the 1.0, but the 1.0 apparently is 'stronger' and takes a good battering.. well mine certainly has :)
kev_mono72 said:
the ma12 is slightly longer, so its probly just a longer stroke, it would make sence as it has more torque, its still a strong block and is takin as much a bashing as i gave my ma10!

Bigger bore and stroke. There is no evidence really to suggest that either engine is stronger or more durable than the other.

Stroke has no direct relation to torque. The reason the 1.2 has a higher peak torque is purely because it is a bigger engine, and that is also why it has higher power. The reason that this myth seems to stick around is that massively undersquare engines (very long stroke compared to bore) are often more torquey than their oversquare counterparts. But in reality it is due to the valve timing being optimised for low down torque as a long stroke prevents an engine from "breathing" properly at higher RPM.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
I can only say that from my experience there IS reason to suggest that the 1.0's are stronger. From my point of view as a ratio of failures 1.2 are far more common. Take this however you see fit, but I do beleive the 1.2 is a weaker engine. Also as I said its not just a bored out block. The block is totally different.

OP
OP
paul_k10_Lx

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
cheers guys ive worked on ma10's and wanna know wot to look out for on this one. its not here yet :( so cant actuallyu go out and look at it so first cheap mod's ne suggestions?

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Welcome to the forums. :) Plenty of people on here who know all the about the k10's as you have probably already seen. :D Hope you enjoy the site, and come to a few meets. Keep us updated with how the k10 goes, there are a few of us on here that have proved that anything is possible. :D

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
its true ya know, they have bigger just apprently also the manifold with the cat is the best of all of em with cat removed of course