Newbie.. Need Advice!

Hi there I am new to this Nissan Micra Club, I think some of the mods that have be done to the Nissa Micra is fantastic!

I currently own a Nissan Micra K11 1.0 W Reg and as I am new to modifications I was wondering if anybody could give me advice on how to get more power out of my micra.

And also of course cheap/expensive alternatives that make a difference to the engine/power!

I think its running standard 54BHP at the moment.. 60MPH on 1st Gear, bad habit! :suspect:

Would be great if people had spare time on there hands to help me out!

Dave

P.S I have also tried looking through Forums on Newbie advice but it seems to go off topic to way advanced stuff! Just so you know I have put the time to read through peoples forums :blush:

hi dave (Y) if yours is the coilpack type engine then you,re a bit more limited, and not many members have tweaked those engines

Hi Frank, I have no idea what kind of engine it is but I have grinded down the airbox *when you open the airbox there are plastic slits. So there is more air intake :suspect:. Theres more of a vroom when hammering the pedal :p

Hi Dave. If your looking for quick and easy performance gains, the best place to start with any older car is with a good full service. This will give you a benchmark to judge any other mods.

if yours is the (post 2000) coilpack type engine dave (ie, no distributor) then i dont think the ecu,s are re-mappable, so you cant alter the timing, and 1.6 injectors dont fit
so you,re limited to exhaust mods, cam changes and lighter flywheel really fwn (the left one in the pic)
attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC11353.JPG
    SDC11353.JPG
    264.7 KB · Views: 369
Welcome Dave :D. Like Piper said, a decent service. Oil and air filter, plugs and oil. if the engine's in good nick, try 5w30 rather than 10w40 :D.

You do not have a coilpack engine...........these came in when they changed to double digits. I.E 51 reg

I have a 2000 v reg ....same engine as yours........Basically the same engine as everyone else on here

You can do the following for cheap moddding and gain upto 20 Hp (Been told by Matt)

1.) Ga16 airbox fitted with green cotton filter and decent cold feed pipe £50
2.) Full janspeed exhaust system £300
3.) Denzo plugs £10
4.) Maniflold heat wrapped (Gases burn quicker and keeps hor air away from engine) £7
5.) Decent clutch i.e Exedy £68

Thats what im doing to my engine anyways..........................OH and by the way i wouldnt advise doing 60 MPH in 1st gear....10MPH is the max.................3rd gear is good for upto 70MPH if you wanna get the engine revving hard.

Hey thanks for the advice guys, I have had a full service on the vehicle as "6.5x55" has said. Just need to upgrade! Could you please give me a link to 1. GA16 Airbox with green cotton filter.. and link for cold feed pipe so I can get a better understanding to it.

This is reply to "Micra.Jas" *above

Also if I fit 1. " " would I be able to put a K&N Induction Kit?

Thanks guys I am finally getting somewhere :laugh:
Dave

Forget the KnN filters and such like they mainly just give a noise rather then any good power gain.

The advice i have been given is from a Rally driver who sells parts for the K11 micra.....................he sells the green cotton filter and janspeed exhaust parts on his website.

Plus im sure he would apreciate me giving free advertisment (Y).............................www.humphriesoxford.co.uk/motorsport

Forget the KnN filters and such like they mainly just give a noise rather then any good power gain.

The advice i have been given is from a Rally driver who sells parts for the K11 micra.....................he sells the green cotton filter and janspeed exhaust parts on his website.

Plus im sure he would apreciate me giving free advertisment (Y).............................www.humphriesoxford.co.uk/motorsport

haha anything that is given from a pro rally driver is ALLWAYS a good idea to take a note of :laugh:

You do not have a coilpack engine...........these came in when they changed to double digits. I.E 51 reg

I have a 2000 v reg ....same engine as yours........Basically the same engine as everyone else on here

You can do the following for cheap moddding and gain upto 20 Hp (Been told by Matt)

1.) Ga16 airbox fitted with green cotton filter and decent cold feed pipe £50
2.) Full janspeed exhaust system £300
3.) Denzo plugs £10
4.) Maniflold heat wrapped (Gases burn quicker and keeps hor air away from engine) £7
5.) Decent clutch i.e Exedy £68

Thats what im doing to my engine anyways..........................OH and by the way i wouldnt advise doing 60 MPH in 1st gear....10MPH is the max.................3rd gear is good for upto 70MPH if you wanna get the engine revving hard.

I having problems finding this specific item "Ga16 airbox fitted with green cotton filter" Can you directly link me to the item? :doh:

I think this would be my first ehancement out of the 5. you have made out!

Thanks
Dave

Picture is on my micra blog of the Ga16 box fitted.

If you go on ebay and search for a 1.4/1.6 Nissan almera (1990's models) Or 1.6 Primera....................That are being broken for spares just email the sellers and ask for the airbox complete.

The go to th website i linked you to for the 1.6 green cotton air filter.

Back